Hrt problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi . First time on here and hoping i m not scaring myself silly. I ve been taking hrt for 2 mths at first i had no period then i got diarrhea after 3 weeks and i started to spot. My doctor said this was mormal as the hrt was nt being absorbed properly and to continue taking them. I did but had noticed that my bleeding was getting heavier and clotty. I still continued and tonight I had severe cramping and flooded so much I ended up in the emergency. I now have to see gyno tomorrow. Has anyone had this happen to them???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, there, sorry to hear you're having these problems.  I must ask your age and the reason for being on hormone replacement therapy.  I think that you need to be concerned, not scared. One reason that you might be spotting, is that the estrogen content of the hrt is not enough to allow your uterus to maintain the uterine lining, so it's being shedded.  That's why you're cramping and bleeding.  Did you read or research the side effects of the medication you were given? That information would help you to find out what's happening. In my opinion, your doctor should have reviewed the medication, it's risks and side effects with you prior to prescribing it.  All hrt has risks, and ill effects early on might be indicating it's not beneficial for you.  Good luck, and let us know how you do.  
  • Posted

Hii so sorry to hear that.

I qas on hrt for 3 months and yes I had spotting then heavier for days on end and my boobs were so sore it made me feel miserable.

The only benifit I git from. It was no hit flushes and 100% better nights sleep.

I stopped taking it couldn't cope 😢 so now back to sleepless nights and hot flushes along with all the other nasty side effects or comes with that no one tells u about.

Hope your ok and wish u all the best

• Posted

Update ; had ultrasound and everything fine . Def hrt related.doc has now put me on tranexamic acid tabs for a few days to stop the intense bleeding and said tk keep on angelique hrt to see if it regulates. I have to return next week for update praying i dont flood again in the intrim . Menopause sucks!!!!! The thought of coming off it fills me with dread as I was suicidal and very anxious before trying this. It's helped tremendously. Fingers crossed this world x

Thanks for replying to those that did.

• Posted

Hi Weanmaz,I was on those tablets few years ago,the heavy bleeding and clotting it will go away soon I use to think it would go on but now it stop thank god if I get through that part you can I'm still Peri but late stage not much blood now hoping nearing menopause we will get through it prayers and hugs to you.
  • Posted

Thanks Maria. Nice to know there is light at the end of this tunnel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.