Hrt query

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I have just joined the forum and need some advice please. I am 52 and have been on eleste solo for 12 months. All was going fine then i found out through a friend that i shouldnt be on an oestrogen only hrt as i havnt had a hysterectomy. Went to see the doc and he agreed then written another script for evorel 50mg patch which after googling have just found out is also oestrogen only. Are these patches safe to be on.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mitch   I had the same experience   I was prescribed Fem 7 oestrogen only and because I research everything first I knew it was dangerous and can thicken the womb lining in a lady who has not had hysterectomy.  It is called unopposed Oestrogen and increases risks of cancer.  The GP could not apologise enough and was mortified.  I am now on Evorel Conti which has Oestrogen & Progesterone so is ok.  Look at the info on your packet and if it has no progesterone go back to your doc.  

Hope this helps and good luck x

• Posted

Hi daisylady. Thanks for the info. My new patch is definetly oestrogen only again only evorel 50mg not evorel combi will be going staight back. How long did you take the wrong one for do you think me taking the wrong one for a year will be ok. Read up on unopposed oestrogen and its sounds risky.
    • Posted

Hiya

I didn't use any of them at all because I read the information leaflet as I am not keen on prescription medication but had got desperate with all the symptoms.

I would go back to your GP today and probably be very angry as they have not only given you the wrong prescription but also continued to give it to you for a year!

I presume you are not taking oral progesterone with the patch?  Let me know how you get on x

• Posted

Hi. No i didnt have progesterone to take with my patch. Went back to doctors today and he couldnt apologise enough, i now need to go for a scan to check it hasnt done any damage with only having oestrogen. Have now been given evorel combi so will see how i go on with this one. Will definetly read the leaflets in future and not take it for granted that the docs know what they are prescribing. Thanks for the info on unopposed oestrogen. Will keep you posted
    • Posted

Hiya   I am so pleased you came on this forum and hopefully now they will get you on the correct prescription.  I am taking Evorel Conti & I find it fine for me.  The doctor/s should have picked this up a long time ago, I am shocked that you've had to go through all this for nothing   I am sure all will be well.  Best of luck

• Posted

Hi Mitch

I believe you can get Elleste Duet Conti which has both oestrogen & progesterone or Evorel Conti.  Yes they are safe.  I myself have had Evorel Conti .  Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.