hrt side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i am 41 years old and after afew years of thinking it was my circumstances stress in life making my periods irregular and then stopping for 4 months i had an eostroge test to discover that i am going through the menapuase - now i know it explains my moods my lethargy and of course the flushes which only lasted seconds. However the doctor put me on 1mg elleste duo. i am on day five now my energy has become a bit better but my flashes have become worse my dreams are vivid and getting to sleep is impossible - the worse thing is rather than beeing misserable and tired i am aggressive and angry is this normal during the settling time or shall i go back to the docs?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

wow!!  Im on Day 5 tooo!!! My flushes increased 10 fold, almost back to back! I too although have been miserable & bad tempered for yrs find im snapping more! But today I actually had a conversation with my hubby, only snapped at him once!  Still not sleeping properly, coming in from work n crashing out for about an hr n up at 3am after tossing and turning all night. I was on verge of going back to dr n saying wasnt willing to continue with these, I take day 6 tablet tonight. 
    • Posted

Perhaps it is something we need to get used to I'm sweating and my dreams wow I'm actually dreading going to bed last night I took 2 2mg Valium to help me sleep but then I can't get up in the morning luckily I'm self employed or I think I would be sacked. I don't feel moody with everyone else just my partner and I'm wondering if it's because he doesn't like the stand up for myself opinions that I'm being accused of being snappy:frustrated because usually I just sit there miserable and tired day 6 tomorrow I don't want to stop them because I have at last done the dishes straight after dinner which is a first in about 6 months
    • Posted

Also I meant to say before the main reason for taking hrt was due to extreme paranoia that seems to have gone now I'm texting and chatting to friends again :-)
    • Posted

hahahahaha i mopped a spillage up in the kitchen tonight!!! last night i washed a couple of cups & my cupboard doors!!! omg isnt it scary to think we gone all this time being miserable n it wasnt even our fault!! 2 yrs ago i was under mental health, did self harm, begged to be sectioned, n asked, could i b starting the change, no, do i have bipolar, no, do i have adhd n thats where son gets it from, no, all no no no n finally dr told me 'its just the way u r, u have to live with it' now looks like i was right, again!! oh im very paranoid too!! such small steps r a massive plus smile
    • Posted

Hi Samanth

I am also only 41 and same story as you, for a few years I had little symptoms such as missing a period, or I was getting suddenly PMS, had anxiety and on occasion brain fog but got prescribed AD's as thought it was life circumstances and not peri.....in 2012 after 4 months no period I gotten to the doc and made him check the hormones and voila FSH postmenopausal and since then knew I was in the change.

Also started to have paranoia since a few months now and gotten depressive and panicky, lucky I also work for myself and mostly from home as you, I don't think I could hold a job like that!

Started HRT 4 weeks ago 1/5 Femoston Conti, the last two weeks where actually better but now feel it creeping in so wonder if it might not strong enough...I read when one is as young as us higher HRT is recommended than for example a 50 years old, as to protect our bones etc.

Anyway, just wondered how you going so far?

• Posted

Hi not been around on ten forum for a while - but I'm pleased to say I'm feeling so much better - I had a review with the doctor and questioned the need to have a higher dose but the response was if I'm

Ok with 1mg I should stick with what's working g and not aim to change I've started taking calcium do hopefully that will help

• Posted

Hi, I am now on week 3 of elleste 1mg and to be honest I'm glad I stuck with them, my first two weeks were not good I kept crying moody snappy aggressive not sleeping and finally things starting to settle down, I am still a little snappy at time but more energy happier chilld out and on my 3rd night of a gd sleep after weeks of none. I have been told they take up to 3 months to work, I defiantly am starting to feel much better , stick with it , I'm finally getting my life back thanks to these after loosing it to menopause ,they just need time something we feel we havnt got when it passing you by and yr not living, they working for me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.