HRT sore nipple and breast

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,i've been on HRT gel for 3 weeks,and 3 days ago,i got a sore nipple and painful breast but only in my left breast.I've always only ever had pains in my left breast over the years due to menopause/Fibromyalgia,thyroid,but i can't decide whether its a different pain because of the sore nipple.The pain comes and goes like it always has done, and it normally lasts about 4-5 days.Has anyone else ever had this?

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie I am on everel conti I'm 60 never had breast pain ever then out of the blue had terrible pain in my left breast it was so bad I had to take painreleif..I ended up going to the doctor as I was convinced something was wrong she examined me and said it's prob due to menopause and women can get breast pain at any age ..it will ease Thankfully it did so she really treasured me and my mammogram was clear so worry over but it was very worrying..go to your gp I'm sure it's prob menopause like mine xx

• Posted

I have had breast pain also, sometimes it is caused by the estrogen levels, I am on Hrt, Fibrocystic comes and goes. HOPE this helps you.

• Posted

Hi ladies it's a funny thing as soon as the doctor said there nothing sinister and it's prob meno I felt so much better and the pain wasn't as bad I think sometimes if u are overly anxious about your health ..your mind plays tricks on you..I'm.nyou..I'm.nearly 60 and always been healthy so any little thing now I over think it...now I'm worried as had a routine smear and have hpv but no abnormal cells doctor said I could have had it for years they have only been testing for last 2 yrs so now I'm worried it hadn't cleared so another worry.. what can you do but be positive I lead a healthy lifestyle so hopefully it will have cleared...fingers crossed x

• Posted

Your dr check to see if your prolactin levels have increased. I have been using a new medication that increases prolactin and my right breast and nipple has been exceedingly sore, It does not help when my husband rolls over and traps it either. I also once had a small tumour on my pituitary gland which caused a huge increase in my prolactin hormone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.