Hrt stopped working

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies I wonder if anyone has advice.i was put on hrt about 1 year ago and over the past few weeks I feel my symptoms is coming back one by one the hrt stopped my flashes and tummy pain .But my depression is still there a little I am on citropram for 6 months but feel my mood slipping again sore heads night sweat tummy pain.can my pills stop working

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You may find that you need a higher level of hrt. This happened to me, but it took the doctors months to realise that the symptoms I was having were caused by my own levels dropping and so the patches I was put on no longer worked. In the meantime, I was referred for physio for my shoulder pains, and CBT treatment for the anxiety. After doctors changed my hrt several times, I was put back on the hrt I had been on before they changed me to the patches because of my age. This still wasn't a high enough dose because of the drop in my own body, so the level was upped and I now feel normal again. So go back to your GP and see if you can have your dosage increased, as this is what may have happened to you, too.

• Posted

Hi may i ask if it was your patch dosage that got increased? I have just attended an hrt clinic and the are getting me to double my patch as my symptoms plus anxiety and crying (didnt have that initially) have returned after 11 months. I have had a truly terrible time for 4 mths now.
    • Posted

Hi Angela, no the patch dosage wasn't increased. Several different doctors, precribed a variety of hrt,s. By which time I was at the end of my road. The head doctor in the practice then saw the state I was in, and has now taken over my care. I have asked him if I could have a higher dose in the patch form, but he wanted me to stay on the hrt I had been on prior to all the changes, for around 8/9 years, for at least three months to see if everything settled down. During this time, the dose has been increased and I have changed from Elleste duet sequi to conti. I am feeling loads better, not quite right yet, but getting there. The hrt has kick started my period again, even on the conti, so that's a nuisance, but apparently to change to patches is not so straightforward as the dosages are quite different. I was referred to the meno clinic at the beginning of January, but have not heard from them so far.

• Posted

hi my hrt stop working too i just started it a month ago it did help i was sleeping good and hot flushes not to often but then suddenly it stop working it started last saturday when i have trouble.sleeping again i was a little bit stressed to getting angry at my husband we had fight saturday night i thought thats the reason maybe stressed and then my 48 b- day last sunday maybe i need to.double my dosage to work but it didnt work lastnight i was wondering if it works righ away or it take time to work
  • Posted

I was on Livial for about 10 years and it stopped working , my doctor changed my tablet and everything went back  to normal then it stopped working as well. Got changed back to Livial  again and everything was fine.Carried on okay then my cancer returned so had to have a radical hysterectomy a month ago. Last time I spoke to my surgeon he was talking about me going back on HRT. I am seeing him today for my check up appointment so will be having a conservation with him about the benefits of going back on

though I only get hot now and then.

• Posted

This happened to me i was on HRT i felt great then my symptoms started to come back, I went back to see my Dr she was excellent & hired my dossage.  within a few weeks i felt great no symptoms.smile

• Posted

my hrt too stop working so my doctor dounle the dosage so i took 200 mg it didnt work made my insomia worst that i did not sleep at all even i took otc sleeping pills ...what should i do u said your taje few week to work again so should i.just continue taking the double dosage ?
  • Posted

Hi everyone saw a consultant who was a waste of space. All he did was to read out other doctors notes on my hysterectomy . Said there was no cancer in my womb but it had moved into the lymph nodes. He saud I  had to get chemotherepy followed by radiotherephy, His manner was terrible he could have been reading a shopping list.When I asked about going back on HRT was told of course not . I thought iI would be seeing my surgeon, someone who was interested in my case, I could feel my face gettng redder and redder and my husband John was starting to get annoyed. All he did was had a quick look at my scar , not interested in my saying I had a trapped nerve following the op and gave me a booklet on chemo etc. I have an appointment this Wednesday with the oncology department to get my schedule of  treatment. I am hoping if possible to have a holiday before starting the chemo, boy to I need it ,its been a long haul,
  • Posted

im hrt too for a month now but it stop so i went to see my doctor and gave me double dosage of prometrium i took double dosage lastnight and here i am not sleeping at all not even a wink omg
  • Posted

hi beverly im taking progesterone too for a month now it did help i sleep more hours and lessen hot flushes but it stop working after a month and i double the dosage and worst didnt help at all but instead keep me awake all night ..how are u feeling now ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.