HRT weight gain

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, I am on HRT for nearly a year now and feel a lot better than I did without it. only issue is that I seem to have put weight on, I feel a bit bloated. 

I am going to a wedding in 2 weeks can't get anything to fit me. So just wondering if I should stop wearing the evori conti patches for the next 2 weeks or is that a bad idea?

i was put on them as was only 44 when I went through the menopause. I also felt horrendous and had no energy. If I just stop I presume all the horrible symptoms will come back or if I halved the patches. 

sorry I know this is quite a vain question but I feel a bit sad now as I feel I don't have control regarding my weight anymore. I know menopause causes weight gain but definitely the HRT has made me go up a couple of dress sizes😪 Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I started using the same patches nearly six months ago and yes I do think they have caused me to gain weight. But I feel so much better in myself that I think it's a small price to pay.  I could let it get me down, we all want to look our best, I'm hoping as spring arrives I'll get out and exercise more to help trim my waist. 

I too feel that I'm bloated most of the time. Some foods make it worse. I find sipping hot water helps

I don't think that two weeks is enough time to make much difference to your weight and not worth the risk of symptoms returning. Wear something loose and comfortable, layers maybe or a long jacket. Stand tall and confident, be happy and no one will notice your size. They'll only comment on how well you look! Enjoy the day x

• Posted

Hello I totally understand how you feel. I did stop HRT for a few days as I was getting depressed with my weight gain. But the symptoms came back straightaway hot flushes etc. You will look beautiful at the wedding and glowing so my advice would be not to stop taking HRT. 👍

• Posted

Thank you for your replies. 

It was just a bit of a shock as did not realise I had put on so much weight as my trousers fit me. I have not worn a fitted dress in a while.

Better to feel nearly normal with the HRT than I did without it

Also about time I watch what I eat anyway now that I am getting older, maybe some of the weight gain would shift if I ate better.Oh the joys of being a woman, 😎

• Posted

My friend once told me, show your cleavage and no one will notice your tummy! 😊

Cut out bread and sweets, and fruits like melon which bloats me, and you may just lose a couple of pounds before the wedding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.