HRT Weightgain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 45 and was told I was in menopause 2 years ago. I have no children as I have had Infertility issues. I tried at least 4 different HRT tablets but nothing worked and my weight balooned. 6 weeks ago I had the coil fitted and I'm on Progynova 1mg Oestrogen tablets but I'm still bloating. I'm at the end of my rope now as I go on holiday in 4 weeks and refuse to buy anymore clothes. I'm thinking of coming off HRT completely and taking Menopace Herbal. Anyone else taking this? thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Water weight gain is a problem when taking HRTs Are you on three different HRTs and what are the dosages. 

I only take 1mg of estrdiol and 2.5mg of provera. 

It could be the combination of the three HRTs that you are on. Now my urologist told me that I was holding water two weeks ago 

Do you eat a lot of salty foods i would lay off the salty fooids and fast foods and try to eat fruits and vegies and do a lot of walking 

• Posted

Jenni:  Sometime if you don't get enough estrogen it throws your hormones into a tizzy, and then you actually gain weight.  I would suggest you have blood tests to determine whether you have enough hormones, and possibly need more estrogen.  I take Minivale or Vivelle Dots...they are great....You just stick them on the top of your leg and it measures how much you need.  I started losing weight with the patches...Hope this helps...
    • Posted

thank you for this Carole.......... I have appt at GP on 5th Aug and I'll ask about this x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.