HS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from HS in the groin area also. It's pretty bad & ive been seeing a dermatologist for not but nothing seems to be helping it. What treatments have you have & have they been helpful for you? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Karlene119,

My derm immediately put me on Rifampin and Clindamycin. This helped with inflammation almost overnight for me. Later, I was put on humira. I've been on it for about 9 months. It doesn't take it away but really tames it. In my groin area I have had co2 laser surgery. It's been about 9 months as well and take awhile to heal but it has been great thus far. I hope this helps you and contact me with any questions. My doctor is out of Miami. Stay strong. 

• Posted

Hi karlene! I've been on Humera for almost a year.  It seemed to help me initially, but not so much the last few months. I do bleach baths every other day,  I take Sprionolactone, Metro gel  and  Tri...something( don't remember the name)  and I am still having very active flare ups!  Will  be talking to my dermatologist about taking a vitamin A derivative at my next appointment.   I'm so sick of this condition...😩

• Posted

I have been dealing with HS for a few years. I was on antibiotics constantly. I hate taking medications. I did some research and heard about taking Tumeric and then started using tea tree oil. I have recently started usung Emuaid. This product i found online. I had 2 months in the summer heat with no flares. I have recently had a couple of flares only reaching the size of a pencil eraser. I applied Emuaid and within 24-48 hours they were under control. Its been my only saving grace this summer. Its such an awful condition. My scars are bad but rather deal with them than the severe pain in my groin area. It has really caused me to withdraw from life and especially relationships. Nobody understands because this is not a well known condition. Hope these tips help. I am not taking any prescriptions now and managing it the best I can with this holistic approach.
    • Posted

Hi Nicole!

Thanks for the tips! I’ve seen ads for Emuaid. I’ll ask my doctor what her take is on the stuff. I know one thing, I want off of Humira. I feel like it makes me more tired and I’ve gained like 30 lbs since I’ve been on it. But my doctor says humira is not known to cause weight gain. I’ve tried the tee tree oil and Turmeric as well, no improvements. Luckily, I have not had to have surgery yet, but I’ll look into that CO2 laser treatment. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.