HS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had hHidradenitis Suppurativa for years now. I finally decided to have surgery. I had surgery under both armpits two weeks ago. My surgeon removed all the damaged tissue and sweat glands.  He closed the incision with a skin flap taken from my back.  I woked up in a lot of pain. The pain pills helped but cause constipation. My armpits got infected but my doctor said that was normal. Infection was cleared with antibiotics and the pain is minimal now. I have to work on lifting and moving my arms again. Idk how long the healing process is since I'm still going through it. But I will keep you updated. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I really wanna hear my stories. Please  share. 
  • Posted

I've had surgery on both armpits and the healing could take any where from 3 to 4 weeks.If they removed most of the diseased area you should experience regained range of motion soon. Hopefully it won't come back. I 've had operations in both armpits, the buttocks area, groin, both inner thighs, and have had multiple skin grafts. A lot of the pain comes from the donor site where they take the skin from. A very grueling disease. Best of luck in your recovery. God bless stay strong.

• Posted

Thank you so much. I'm glad to hear everything went good with your surgeries.  God bless. 

• Posted

Good supplements to take during the healing process are Burdick root,zinc and magnesium, also you may suffer from some iron deficiency so try protein shakes and lean meats. God speed and good luck
  • Posted

I have had hs for about 4 years now terrible disease hate it so much I have it in my butt and both inner thighs I go to montifiore hospital in the Bronx  it’s a ha clinic there I take a triple antibiotic folic  acid methotrexate and get a remicade infusion once a month and it’s still here I do smoke cigarettes which I believe don’t help tying to quit I’ve had dieted lost weight everything I have had a skin flap surgery very painful became infected hospitalized for a few days it was good doctor got most of it but it came back I feel like it’s maintained because it doesn’t hurt but it’s annoying always itchy  so now I’m trying a new pill hormone blocker finesteride so we will see what that does everyone is different but all know how bad he sucks good luck to everyone god bless
    • Posted

I've had it since 2009 and have had over 10 surgeries ,I feel for you sir,had skin grafts,done wound vac healing and it's very troubling but we have to stay positive. This disease put me in full disability which I'm tryiing to work my way out of because it's hard to survive on that income. I've had it in all areas you can think of. Both armpits,groin,buttocks, inner thighs . I'm not going to let this destroy me I'm only 48 and I have a lot more living to do. Stay strong good supplements to take while your healing are Burdock root, zinc, magnesium and a multivitamin, remember you might have some iron deficiency due to the blood loss so during your healing drink protein shakes and eat plenty of lean meats to recover faster. Lead time on healing should be around 4 to 6 weeks. God speed and good luck recovering hopefully we will all get thru with this very grueling disease

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.