hs

Posted , 2 users are following.

i’ve been searching for quite awhile to find out what sort of condition i have. i’ve recently discovered HS and i’m thinking this may be what i have. i’m 14, i don’t know exactly how long i’ve suffered with it since i never really paid much attention until the last couple of years. i’ve always had weird conditions even as a kid. it really sucks because now at this age i just feel like no one will ever love me, i can’t even love myself. it makes me hate myself really. i form these little balls underneath my skin and eventually they pop and leave these gross scars that kind of look like skin went missing with it?? and blackheads also form on some of them, i can’t get any of the blackheads out. they form in the arm pit area and in my groin area. i have no one else really to talk to about it, my mom knows but i don’t feel like anyone else can really empathize with me. i’m really scared, this “disease” makes me scared of my future, what if no one ever loves me? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I’m so sorry you have this. It’s not a fun thing to go through. I’m 27 and have had this since I was about 15. Ask your mom about doing an elimination diet and seeing if food groups are causing the outbreaks. I’m learning that it’s trigged by certain foods we eat. Such as dairy, nightshades and sugar. It wouldn’t hurt to take the time to do the elimination diet now at a young age before it gets worse. 

As for never being loved.....that’s crazy! smile You will be loved! I have scars in my armpits, groin and under my breasts. There are periods of time that I can’t shave or wear deodorant because the outbreaks are so bad. My husband still loves me and calls me beautiful all the time. What’s on your skin doesn’t define you. You define you. Be strong and know there are people like you and that you are loved. Let me know if you ever need to chat. I know how daunting this disease can be. 

• Posted

thank you, this really meant a lot to me. ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.