HS and turmeric

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. This is my first day here. I came here because after about 9 years with  Hidradenitis Suppurativa Im really starting to feel depressed. I tried a lot of things but I just came across a lot of success stories with turmeric capsules. Do anyone mind sharing their  turmeric experience with me? Also I have heard about zinc capsules as well. So please share your stories. I need some type of relief. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I an HS survivor who takes tumeric supplements daily. I have also found Tumeric soap that helps me. I still have Hurly stage 3 HS. However Tumeric helps me with the inflammation. It is important to find the right Tumeric capsules. I have learned the less additional ingredients the better. Prior to Tumeric I tried many things: Emu-aid, bleach baths, zinc, vinegar baths, epsom baths, sulfar baths, tea tree oil , manuka honey and expensive acne washes ( pretty sure I tried the entire inventory) cortisone injections, lancing (and being put on IV antibiotics) and Humira. Thus far Tumeric has made this disease the most bearable. Dosage will depend on your body. I started with the recommended bottle dosage and upped it with my doctors supervision.

In regards to zinc. I have read forums where it helps people. Sadly it made me really sick. I even ended up in the Emergency Dept. Apparently my body can only handle very small doses. The majority of forums I read were taking larger doses. The small doses did nothing for my HS.

• Posted

Thank you so much for responding. I gained a little hope reading that. Do you mind telling me what brand of turmeric capsules u think works best?
    • Posted

Also I never heard of turmeric soap. Do you know where I can purchase some?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.