HS AND TURMERIC

Posted , 5 users are following.

DOES THIS WORK???

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How do I get to the right page? I am taking turmeric I heard it works
  • Posted

Hi Kathy! I take 4 Turmeric supplements daily, 2 in the morning and 2 at night and it works well for me. It doesn't cure the HS but it helps with the inflammation that it causes, which helps with the pain. I actually heard about the Turmeric through this forum a long time ago and then tried it for myself. I heard of a store where I live called The Herbal Path and that's where I get my Turmeric supplement. My bottle says NEWCHAPTER non-gmo verified formula 100% vegetarian Turmeric force 120 vegetarian capsules; no artificial flavors or colors. It's not the cheapest but it's really practically the best aside from melting the turmeric powder in a hot drink or using it in food. The Herbal Path store I go in has some kind of turmeric powder packet for people to use it in their hot teas or water, stuff like that. They showed it to me one time when I first went in there looking for Turmeric. A lot of Indian food has turmeric in it as well...well, hopefully I was able to help you to some degree. Good luck and I wish you well! Have a great day!

• Posted

Hi Kathy! The box that my Turmeric comes in and on the bottle says: Amount per serving Turmeric (rhizome) aqueous 320mg

Organic Turmeric (rhizome) supercritical extract 80mg

So I take 4 of the capsules daily.

• Posted

Hi again Kathy. I'm not sure if it works better than an antibiotic. Antibiotics didn't help mine at all. It was like I wasn't even taking them but everybody's body is different. Taking these Turmeric capsules help me. I benefit from it. My HS is more under control at all times mostly due to taking these every day. Hope I was able to help. Have a great day! : )

• Posted

The bottle says 1 capsule is a serving of the Turmeric but if you're not sure you could always ask your doctor or dermatologist how many mgs you should take. I think I started with one but worked my way up to 4 a day due to the degree my HS was behaving at the time. I just stuck to taking 4 daily. If my HS wasn't upset really to speak of I go down to taking 1 or 2 daily, depending on how I feel.

• Posted

Yes it does, I don't know why the medical community does not research this wonderful spice.

• Posted

Hey...the question of if turmeric will work for your HS breakouts is really a tough question because what works for me may not work for another. My testimonial is this: I've never been formally diagnosed with HS. My mother has horrendous scar tissue from cysts and sinus tracts that have formed in her underarms.. she's been suffering from this for years. about 6 years ago (I'm 29 now, was around 22-23 years when it began) i started getting painful , swollen nodules in my groin and between my buttocks...i didn't discover what i had until it got progressively worse. it went from occasional breakout to daily having several painful inflamed cysts on my groin and rear. some internet research pointed me in the right direction and I'm convinced this is what my mom and i suffer from. i recently started taking turmeric supplements and i couldn't believe it- for about a whole month it kept everything at bay. i had no more inflamed, pus oozing cysts. the scars were numerous and the knots still there but they weren't filled with pus and throbbing with pain. should have known it's too good to be true. they came back despite daily turmeric supplements..last night i had two particularly nasty, painful cysts: one that I've had for some time that repeatedly fills, drains, fills, drains. i woke up the day before and it had burst, greenish pus and blood. the pain subsided instantly of course. usually it takes a day or two to go through the same old cycle, this time by evening it was inflamed and i was in pain. also had a smaller new one on my butt cheek. i made a paste of organic turmeric powder, organic honey and organic coconut oil, and applied it all over my groin and buttocks area where my cysts always crop up. i waited about 15 minutes and rinsed it off, then applied a witch hazel/tea tree oil spot treatment (its called clear by lue) and went to bed. six to eight hours later, the huge pocket on my groin feels flatter, as opposed to inflamed swollen puffy painful to the touch like it was before the turmeric treatment, and the smaller cyst has noticeably shrunken. i wish there were an easier way around it than staining my manicure (should have worn gloves!) and bathtub but honestly if it brings about reliefi don't care. I'm so tired of this disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.