HS from the Philippines.

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi im a filipina who also suffers from HS.

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi! <br>

We are currently screening for possible candidate patients for a study on Hidradenitis Suppurativa and biologics. <br>

Should you know anyone who might benefit from this study please do refer them to me. <br>

Thanks so much

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hello I'm an 18 years old grade 12 student and I think I have hs because one time I tried to search in Facebook about abscess that are not getting well because I have this since I was 16 I also have anxiety that's why I'm so afraid of this I always think that i might die, I'm having a flare in my underarm near my boobs, when I was 16 it started in my neck above my collarbone I noticed that theres lump there and when I touch it, it hurts and after some weeks I noticed that the lump became in my underarm and it really hurts to the point that I can't put my underarms together to the side of my chest what can I do? I know hs is not common here in ph I'm afraid that it won't get well

• Posted

Hi! Are you from Manila? Try going to United Doctors Medical Center in Quezon City. It's in Welcome Rotonda. Look for Dr. Nelson Dy. You can share your story and tell him you suspect it's HS. He's my surgeon.

• Posted

I am sorry for barging in. I think my body is showing signs of hs like recurrent boils and stretch marks. Can someone refer me to a dermatologist that handle this case? I hope to be diagnosed properly . Cheaper ones if possible cause I am unemployed right now and kinda short on cash. Appreciate any help you could give me. btw i lived in sta cruz manila. I think not all dermatologist knows this disease right? or not? thanks in advance.

• Posted

Hi there, Peter! did you find any dermatologist yet who could diagnose you? I'm also looking for one right now. I don't think HS is known by a lot of dermas/doctors here in Manila because I've already had several check ups with a few and none of them know what it is or have brought up that it might be HS. They all just tell me it's an ingrown hair but I know it's more than that.

• Edited

hi there, paopao! I feel as though I have HS as well 😦 I've been looking for a dermatologist here in Manila that might know more about it but I have had no luck. I even went to this dermatologist who had written an article about it on Philstar but when I came to her and showed her pictures of my past lumps as well and a painful lump that had formed in my underarm , she just dismissed it as some sort of infection. I've already had surgery for the lump in my underarm and I wish I didn't have to get surgery every time a painful lump would grow. It's so expensive ahhhh!

It's really tough out here in the Philippines, I don't really know who to seek help from. If anyone knows any dermatologist or doctor who is knowledgeable with HS, please let me know. I know there is no cure but I just wish I had some sort of hope to maintain or treat it in some way to lessen my flares 😦 I've been getting lumps a lot more this pandemic.

• Posted

@pat626 hi! omg I think we went to a similar doctor in St. Luke's. But as what happened to you she didn't diagnose me and just sell me her own medicine. she didn't even check out my flare closely. I'm also searching for a good dermatology. Mine is getting less by avoiding trigger foods. I've been living like this for 19 years since I got my first period.

• Posted

Hello jasu may I know what are those trigger foods you mentioned?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.