HS groin surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with HS when I was 17. For the first 6 years it had only affected my left armpit. I've had multiple surgeries for it. Now it has moved to my groin. I had my first surgery on my groin about two weeks ago. I have one incision on each side, literally right in the crease of my bikini line. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for underwear ? All of the ones I have tried cut right into my incisions. Also, I was able to take my bandages off two days ago, is it okay to keep some gauze over them to soak up the drainage, and act as a barrier for rubbing?

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey mac well I've had hs for about 9 years now had most of it in my groin area had around 42 op there and I had 1 on my neck and cheek and all i wear are boy short or boys underwear as they have a thicker bang thing and it's more comfy maybe try that and good luck mail me if you got any more Q's as I have had many op's now and recovering is a lot harder it takes me 16 weeks too walk again just off in now for my 43 rd op on my groin

• Posted

I think that's my best bet!! I'm going to try some today. Thanks so much! I definitely will let you know if I have any questions.

• Posted

Also guaze causes infections and hold bacteria I would air out with no restrictions and when needed clean with saline solution and use the meds your doctor has prescribe to you. try to stay away from guaze and panties-- remember to heal-you need oxygen. Also bacteria grows in dark, covered spaces.

much love to you

• Posted

Thank you!! A lot of people have told me no undies! Lol but I just feel like at work and such I would need them. Unfortunately I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous. I'm okay with no gauze, but I have a scab that's rubbing against my thigh so I was using the gauze to shield that. I'm also afraid that walking without gauze will irritate since the incisions are right in my groin and it rubs when I walk. Sorry! I'm so new to this groin issue.

• Posted

Hi Mack . I had a Hs boil at my bikini line that was lanced. But I can’t get it to dry up and heal. What did your doctor prescribe for you. What other things do you do?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.