HS in various parts of body

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I was younger i used to get (what then I thought was bad hair bumps or just bad luck as a child) HS lesions/bumps present on my groin and armpits mainly. As I got older my armpits grew out of it and my groin got them less frequently there with time. As I got older though, they became more and more frequent under my breast, though on my breast the NEVER really burst the way they do in my groin area. The ones under my breast occasionally burst they stay large hard masses and either need to be forced drained or babied to get better. The ones in my groin are fretting re occurring (though the breast are reoccurring too) the groin ones happen more often and burst unlike the rest of my body, why is that? Any ideas or tips guys?? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Taylor, where do I start. I’ve had HS for 10 years. Maybe longer but I did not have lesions until 10 years ago. I was mistakenly diagnoses with MRSA even though a culture was not taken. I have not had medical insurance this whole time. I would go to the urgent cares in severe pain. They always gave me antibiotics and a few times it was so bad I had to have them lanced. Worse pain of my life and I’ve given birth to an 8lb child. I developed an allergy to penicillin. So they would give me doxycycline. That no longer works for me either. Hot compresses and hot showers are my friend when I have my HS. It helps it drain. I have for the most part stopped wearing tight clothes. This has helped me so much. When I am home I wear very loose clothes so my skin can breath. I rarely shave, especially not where I get my outbreaks. I no longer wear underwear. Because commando is better than boils. After I sweat from working out or being in hot weather I shower immediately. When I have an outbreak I wash 2-3 times per day with hibiclens. (rite aid/ walmart) I no longer use bar soap. I use tea tree body wash by Jason from a health food store. I take a lot of herbs and spices to boost my immune system. Neem caps, burdock root caps, Echinacea caps and sometimes oregonol oil under the tongue. I drink organic tumeric in tea, I also take an immune system herbal tea every morning. I take cinnamon. I also take L-lyisine. That helps a lot. I’ve been taking that for about 3 months.  I was HS free for about 5 months. Then about a week ago I started to get that dreaded feeling. I didn’t have as much pain this time and it drained within 3 days. I believe I run myself down by overdoing things. Waiting to long to eat and not getting enough sleep. I also take Vit C, zinc, and complex Vit B. I have tried so many products from Rite Aid and online. Emu oil from amazon helps too. That helped mine come to a head and drain in record time. You have to refrigerate it after opening. Also Neem oil works very well but the smell is unbearable. This also needs to be refrigerated after opening. This is hereditary. Just know you didn’t do anything to cause it. I know people who have had laser hair removal and it has helped but not eliminated the problem. I truly believe there is a food allergy connection to this disease. I have gone 9 months without an outbreak when I eat well, get rest and don’t have a crazy amount of stress. Tea tree oil helps once it has drained but you need to dilute it in olive oil. Oh, how could I forget silver gel. That stuff is amazing for healing ones the boil has drained as well. Most things I have referenced you can purchase on Amazon or Rite Aid. I hope you feel better soon. Sending you love and light
    • Posted

Thank you! I appreciate it! When you had your boils, were they inconsistent with where they popped like one day your butt then the next month your armpit etc etc?

I’ll definatley look into the soap and I have a feeling it’s diet because I definatley can see that my foods jeopardize  ne 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.