HS is a depressing disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

I first got my first boil at age 15,I went to the hospital and the doctors drained it. At age 21 it came back under my armpits. I am now 24 and still suffering from it. Its hurts not only physically but metally, im scared to date guys I cant wear bathing suits, tank tops or short sleeves. My last major surgury was last year (Dec 2016) from my left armpit.My plastic surgeon said it was one of his worst surgery he saw, the infection spread into my breast so he had to go in very deep, it was very painful. Every since that surgery I havent got a other boil on that side. But on my right side I get little boil there and then especially when im going to get my menstrual. I take tumeric i buy it from GNC it helps me alot. I do not take antibotic I got tired of it after a certain time it doesnt work. I am now trying nature cure. I made a appointment to see a naturopatics doctor, I think im probably eatting something that causes this. I will keep you guys posted. Stay strong this is a tuff situation but we could do it. smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear your suffering my daughter has hs and she went for a food and alergie test which showed that she was dairy intolerance also her magnesium levels were very low so since cutting out dairy it has got a lot better almost gone into remmision. Hope this helps
  • Posted

thank you this really help im going to start cutting down on certain food.
    • Posted

Good luck she follows a paelo diet and it's really helped her .

• Posted

hey, do you also suffer from acne too?? I used to have boils so frequently and they were painful, but before i did any surgery, i was inform of accutane, and i had chest/back acne so i would benefit both ways. Well, i did the treatment, two months ago i finished it. My back and chest cleared up, while in the treatment i didnt get any big boils under my armpits or groin area, they diminished. sometimes i feel like a cyst is about to form and i use this cream my doctor prescribed and by the next day, thay cyst or boil is literally dry and it stops forming. I dont know if all has to do with also having had accutane, but so far i feel better than before. My hidranitis hasnt been cure but so far no major flare ups have occur.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.