Hs is killing me

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys so I have had hs for a number of years and I finally got to see a dermatologist and he told me it's nothing to do with diet or nightshades foods and he gave me a wash thing and clindamycin 1% (which doesn't do anything for me) has this worked for you??

And tetralysal 300mg (again not doing owt for me) and he told me to go home and have a tomatoe pizza and it wouldn't do anything it's down to am over weight which my weight is 9 and half stones and I am 5''6 so I thought I wasn't over weight and he says he wants me to lose 2 stones to be down to 7 and half stones so I can control my hs which I have never heard of before.....

So I went home I had 1 slice of tomatoe pizza the very next day I had a pea size lump and it's grown into a golf size lump I feel like giving up I really do I can't cope any more this is so humiliating I feel so down (but normally I am such a cheery person) I feel like the dermatologist just ruined my life a little bit more please if you have any ideas of what I can do I just wish there was a cure xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi cat. I have suffered for 31 years with HS. I have cut out night shades. But found in still got the odd one. I had a full abdominal hysterectomy last yr and have gained a stone in weight. While looking on the Internet I stumbled over a diet called the fat diminisher diet. You have to have this drink in a morning and of a night that consists of organic veg and fruit and all the vitamins and minerals. I've done this for 5 weeks so far it totally detox's your body. I have lost 30 pounds in weight and all my open lesions have completely healed up. I have so much energy I'm no longer tired all the time it's brilliant no more lumps and open wounds that won't heal. The diet cost around 17 UK pounds the drink you can get from the health shop called super greens. Depending on what country your in I get mine from Holland and Barrett health shop. Give it a try if you can.
  • Posted

Use tumric pills I use 1450 mg a day my inflamation has went down and the redness hasleft and the lumps are leaving it takes time but I noticed changes in 3 weeks. Believe me it works. Take two in the morning and two at night you body heals faster when u are sleeping
  • Posted

H Cat, the dermatologist helped you reinforce the idea that it could be nightshades.

There is a proven link to dairy and a strong relationships food intolerances with nightshades and high GI diets. Hundreds of people in these forums stating their success.

I'm walking proof of 20 years of it affecting my life.

I don't know how much you can blame the dermatologist for not understanding the dietary link as it's more in the realm of a dietitian. Dermatologist admitted defeat a while ago on this one and all they can treat are the symptoms.

Unless your name is William Danby... who has spent the time write the paper and research acne and HS and confirm the dietary links.

• Posted

He's closed minded and wrong. He needs to research it and continue his learning after medical school. You saw the proof yourself. I am living proof also. Find a new dermatologist!
  • Posted

Hey guys thanks so much for all the info and advice I can't believe I was so stupid to believe that having tomatoes wouldn't hurt me and now am stuck in the house with a big lump am trying to get rid of it but it won't brust I've tried everything think all am lefted with is to pop it with a needle and just clean it up myself as I really don't want another op cos that's all they do and leave me in pain and unable to use the toilet so am going to try it and I will from now on never eat anything nightshades and I really don't understand why a doctor would tell me something that could hurt me so much x
    • Posted

Most doctors have not learned or caught on to food sensitivities. It's a newer discovery and there's not much awareness about it yet. It's not your fault but I would print this whole thread out and mail it to that doctor! Ha!
  • Posted

What are nightshades food?
    • Posted

You can look up a list online but the short and sweet version is : potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, any kind of spice made from a pepper, eggplant, tobacco, etc. There are a few more that are rare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.