HS issue, needing advice and assurance

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys I have been dealing with HS for some years now but I wasn’t diagnosed till about two years ago. I here latley have been noticing I have an abscess that lies dormant it leaves almost a scar like It healed and next thing you know something triggers it and it starts to drain it hurts and I need advice on how to stop this reoccurrence which has gone for a year and antibiotics and steroid injections haven’t done a thing. I also notice when I have yeast infections my abscess seems to flare up too (I may be a sugar thing) by abscess is in the groin area so it’s anappealing I have a supportive partner but I am very self conscious. Please help 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think we’ve all had abscesses like these, unfortunately, that just refuse to go away. You may have to have it drained by your doctor if you want to be sure that it will go away. 

I can’t say that I have any great insight as they seem to come and go as they please, without much rhyme or reason. Others will no doubt tell you to try changing your diet to remove gluten/dairy/nightshades to see if it helps you or try a supplement like turmeric or zinc. None of this has ever worked for me personally, but it all seems to be very individual. For me the only things that I’ve had any success with is 1) excericising i.e. sweating profusely to flush out the pores and stop them from clogging and causing cysts. And 2) thermal spring water spray (Avene brand is the one I use) once a day on the affected areas. This one is the simplest thing to do imaginable, just spray it on and leave it. This stuff seems to have helped me to get rid of some really stubborn cysts that I had so it’s worth a shot if you wanted to try something simple. It wouldn’t interfere with any other type of treatment as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.