HS laser hair removal and skin reconstructive surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone who has had laser hair removal for HS or HS skin reconstruction surgery share their experience please. Contemplating on having them.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

no but i too am in desperate need of some reconstruction on my inner thighs and bum area please let me know if anyone can recommend anything

• Posted

Hi,

I had laser hair removal 8 times so far, it has definitely helped and its nice you do not need to shave anymore.

I had groin surgery as well on both sides so my skin looks so much nicer ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Recently (since end of October) I started taking Zinc Gluconate 30 mg per day, I have not had any flare ups so far ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

There is a study which says 90 mg / day could put your disease into remission. ) 90 Mg was too much for me, 30 mg works great (fingers crossed).

Wish you all the best

• Posted

Hi Sylvia. Thanks so much for responding. Much appreciated. I'm so excited for your progress. Wishing you the best. Which country are you located?

1. May i ask where you had the laser surgery done, the cost, what was the time between the sessions, was it done by a doctor or aesthetician, and were you numbed for it?

2.So are you saying the hair laser helped and you've not flare ups since then, or helped 'cause you don't have to shave anymore?

2. Can you please describe the constructive groin surgery a little ( is it skin grafting, what is it called, cost, done by a dermatologist or regular surgeon, what happens when you get more boils, do you have to get another surgery or does it stop recurring flare ups. That sounds so awesome. I've read about it so it's exciting to talk to someone who actually had it done.
      3. A homeopath recently prescribed 30 mg of Zinc also. I've heard 40 mg is the max you can take safely.
    • Posted

Hi Rose,

1. The surgery was done by my dermatologist with local anetshesia, in Hungary. (In Hungary its free of charge)

I had to wait 5 months between the sessions as he had to make sure there was no recurrence and the surgery was successful.

I believe the laser treatment has helped a lot as its reduced the amount of hair significanlty (95%).

What I know for sure I had no recurrence or new flare ups since i am taking Zinc supplement.

The cost of the laser hair removal treatment is around 100 Euro per session. (Type: Alexandrite laser)

1. I had a simple surgery, there was no skin graft, maybe my case was mild. If you get more boils I suggest having additional surgeries. At least i feel better when a surgeon removes these things from my body. Maybe it sounds strange but i feel clean after surgery.

Also I believe Zinc can help with preventing new flare ups but the existing ones must be removed by a surgeon.

All in all I suggest doing laser hair removal, surgery and taking Zinc. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Have a nice day!

• Posted

Hi Rose,

I think I had some misunderstanding regarding your questions.

I assume your first question was about laser hair removal treatment and not laser surgery.

1. The cost of the laser hair removal treatment was around 100 Euro per session (Type: Alexandrite laser) and it was done by a dermatologist in a private clinic. You may ask for numbing cream but I have never felt pain during the sessions so I have never asked for it.

I believe the laser treatment has helped a lot as itโ€™s reduced the amount of hair significantly (95%).

What I know for sure I had no recurrence or new flare ups since I have

been taking Zinc supplement.

1. I had simple surgery, there was no skin graft, maybe my case was

mild. The surgery was done by my dermatologist with local anetshesia, in Hungary. (In Hungary itโ€™s free of charge).

I had to wait 5 months between the sessions as he had to make sure

there was no recurrence and the surgery was successful.

If you get more boils I suggest having additional surgeries. At least I

feel better when a surgeon removes these things from my body. Maybe it sounds strange but I feel clean after surgery.

Also I believe Zinc can help with preventing new flare ups but the

existing ones must be removed by a surgeon.

All in all I suggest doing laser hair removal, surgery and taking Zinc.

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Have a nice day!

• Posted

Hi Sylvia,

when you say you had simple surgery as opposed to skin graft can you explain what they did? Was it just draining it or did they remove skin and did you have stitches. Look forward to your response Thanks.

• Posted

Hi HSmum,

At the time of the surgery i had no inflammation so he just cut out the affected area including the scars. I had sutures which were removed after 14 days.

If you use Salicylic acid ( 20 or 30% ) on the inflamed areas, the inflammation will be stopped, and it will make the surgery more easy.

I found out about Salicylic acid when i was desperately looking for a solution and I can say it is a really good temporary solution.

I hope it helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.