HS nightmare and work

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey they guys so here's my story so far I've had HS for on about 10 too 11 years and now am at stage 2 worst thing ever as you all know and now my problem is I can't work cos my groin is cover over 30 surgeries and big mistakes by doctors as my last surgery my doctor told me that he might have cut too deep and hit a nerve oh man he did am in constant pain and been taking morphine now for over a year which isn't great too be fare but it helps sometimes but not a lot and I've been too the job centre and told them but like they ever going too understand what is HS when we can only just get our heads round it so now am half way through this assessment and now they told me too go on a forum and ask this question ready guys ...

Ask if people online have HS if so what do they do for work so they can work out if i can do this for work for myself???

So guys what do y'all do for work if you work or has this illness got it's deadly hands fulling around your neck cos I know it has with me i used too work as a carer now I need a carer too help me dress go too the toilet and something bath which is my loving partner i do ador him he's been there for me so much so guys if you can help me tell me what you do for work if you work and hope y'all hang in there one day one day we will have a cure and god bless y'all x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hazel, 

I'm a sales rep so lots of driving and sitting down. Never had a bad episode in the groin, my worst is mainly in my armpits, boob and shoulder area. I had been in remission for a couple of months but can feel the first sting of and old faithful under my arm close to my pit sad Just fed up wtih it. 

• Posted

Hi hazel8685 sorry to hear this ...ive had hs for about for about 5 years now I currently do work as a supervisor but I've had quite about if time off due to lumps being to painful so at times it sorta like why bother working as people won't genuinely keep you on having to much time off also you lose alot of money I honestly think cases like yours should be classed as a disability I have been told by doctor that job centres do allow you to claim disability allowance for severe cases of hs ..in my opinion you are not fit to work (no offense) if the job centre refuse your claim or you want some advice is suggest the citizens advice bureau they maybe able to help you with your claim..please let us know how you get on 😁

• Posted

Hi hazel...

I just went through the surgery on my groin this morning and am praying it works. I had a plastic surgeon do my surgery and he came highly recommended. All of my research helped me see that a plastic surgeon is the way to go. Before this, I would drain the bumps every morning in the shower, then place toilet paper along the edge of my panties to catch any blood or drainage. I would change this every couple hours. My dermatologist had put me on strong antibiotics until my surgery. Maybe go to a dermatologist and see about antibiotics? Doxycycline is what they prescribed to me. I hope you find something that helps you. I know how much these things hurt, I had been dealing with them for 17 years.. really hoping this surgery will take care of them, at least for a few years... prayers to you...

• Posted

I have had this for nearly 25 years and lost so many jobs due to it no one would believe me that I had a extra large abscess in my goin area sometimes 2 at a tym I've not been in work for a few years now but have applied for jobs got interviews etc but when you tell them you have this condition and explain it a little to them you never get the job I only apply cause the job centre says I have to look for work but seriously who's going to take someone on that can only work when they don't get a flare up good luck hope you get some better help than myself keep us posted 🙂

• Posted

Hey guys sorry i haven't got back too you and am on PIP but the other part of my income is universal credit and that is where they ask me too come into the job centre every other month if i don't attend they threaten me that my money will be stopped as this is a joint claim it puts us under a lot of pressure and as y'all know it's hard as you can't jump up and run too the job centre anytime they want you but I've had assessment and it says I am unfit for work but still my advisor wants me to ask people with the same condition if they can work which I don't understand as I've already been assessed that am unfit for work am just at a loss on what too do thanks guys for your feedback and I will go see someone at citizen Advice Bureau thanks again.

• Posted

Hey that's great news how did you go about that I would love to get that so that they would stop stressing me out about getting a job as that doesn't help with the hs flare ups and trying to run around after a 2 year old at the same time doctors ain't much help either take 2 paracetamol and put your feet up for a couple of days yeah sounds like a plan if I didn't have kids to look after lol

• Posted

I hope I could offer something helpful, but I can't. Sending prayers your way 🙏🏽

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.