HS remission

Posted , 5 users are following.

Greetings all,

I  see quite a few people say they are in “remission”.  Exactly what do mean when you say your HS is in remission? I’ve only ever heard the term “remission” used with regard to cancers. I’ve never heard my dermatologist use the term either. I guess you mean you no longer have flare ups and no active drainage or pain. I’m just trying to understand the usage of that word, in relationship to HS:

thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I guess I use that term because I haven’t had an outbreak in a year. Once I cut sugar from my diet they stopped. I lived 19 years with constant HS pains and struggles. I feel proud to say I’m in remission. smile
  • Posted

I’d say we use it when we have a significant decrease in our cysts . Personally , i use it because i have a 90% improvement. I use dexidin4 , its like hibiclens, and a thick coat of noxzema to wash.After i put a thin layer of ketoderm and a thick one of Benzagel5. All my deep cysts popped the first week, it was scary . Now all my dark and dead looking spots are gone , my tunnels started to heal and the blackheads in there have been evicted. I had cut so many foods out of my diet i waa only surviving on greens. I now eat like my bf since 6 weeks and nothing happened except 2 ingrown hair , but its another problm lol 
  • Posted

I use the following definition- 'a period of time when an illness is less severe or is not affecting someone'

Classical Homeopathy has put me into remission. I occasionally get some inflamation or discharge, when exposed to severe triggers. But nothing that affects my quality of life. Pain/discomfort are minimal. Not something my attention goes too. After 15 yrs with HS, this state of being is remission.

• Posted

Hi Lisa33973

Yes I think they use the term remission because it is under control at the present time. Also HS can flair up at anytime, because there is no cure. So once it slows down and my term goes to sleep then it's in remission. The scary part of this it sometimes come back with a vengeance, sending you to the ER. I just pray that they do more research and find a cure, because this is horrible. I never would have thought that something like this existed. God be with us all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.