HS showing on face and how to cover?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I usually get boils and craters under armpits, groin, panty line, and my sides, then carbuncles are common on groin too.

Every now and again I get boils on my arms, which I just hide them with my long sleeve shirt at work, but in a manner of 20 minutes, I noticed the familiar feeling of irritation on my face. At first I thought it was just acne, but they are definitely boils. I've never experienced them on my face, and it is incredibly painful, not to mention embarrassing! I'm trying Smile's Prid, and it seemed to work on a couple small boils on one breast, but the large carbuncles and open blisters don't appear to be draining or healing.

I don't know if this happened because this is just a bad flare up, or if it is simply due to how much I've been sweating, since I work outside, and it has been well over 100, so bandaids aren't sticking to me very well...

Has anybody else had the boils show on the face before?

Any suggestion on what to use to keep the ones on my face from view?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey there!

Back in high school I would get HS on my face all the time, mainly around the nose area and even had one on the back of my neck that got removed in surgrey. That won't be the case for your face, no surgrey at all. However, when i used to get them on my face I would get them injected. They would come back occasionally but the injection would take care of the problem for at least 3-4 months before another flare up came in. I take Humira now and (knock on wood) haven't had a flare up on my face in over 3 years! I would recommend seeing your dermatologist and see if he/she would have an alternative to doing injections, but I would recommend the injections. Hope this helps!

• Posted

Thank you so much!

Unfortunately, I don't have insurance anymore, so I can't get to a dermatologist. I'm hopefully going to get it this autumn, so I'll have to make another appointment so I can get them rechecked, and if they come back on my face, I'll keep that in mind!

I appreciate it!

• Posted

Warm compresses with a washcloth helps the pain too! Best of luck!smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.