HS surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya all,

This is the first time I’ve ever wrote on a blog/forum. I’ve never spoken openly about my HS, so be patient with me.

I’ve had HS for 11 years, I used to have the odd one here and there, after my son was born it just erupted. I spent a year hiding it and not telling anyone, I went to he doctor and they give many different antibiotics nothing was helping it. eventually I went to the dermatologist I’ve tried a lot of different tablets to see if that does anything nothing seems to work, or it does for the first to weeks and it’s like my body get used to the medication.

Last Wednesday 30th January 2019, I had surgery I meet them half way as they wanted to do a big operation removing all my skin in the groin area, but the surgeon met me half way and was just going take away the worse bits. I was taken to theatre and was put under a general anaesthetic. The surgeon marked me up in 2 place, I actually have 8 wounds. When I woke up, I was only in for as a day case.

I came home sore and sleepy.

Now I’m finding the worse bit

Having them dressed and packed everyday.

I was wondering if anyone has had this done, as I’m fed up of it already and they have told me it could be months before it’s healed.

Any information would be helpful. Many thanks xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Michelle, so sorry for the pain you are going through! I just had wide excission done on my arm in October and am still healing and draining exudate. They say it will take a year to fully heal. I can tell you more if you like, but please expect it to honestly take a LONG while to heal!!! The pain does get much less though! 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.