HSP!

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was first diagnosed with HSP in 2014 . I had the rash everywhere except my face, i became incontinent due to bowel inflamation and ended up in hospital for 3 weeks on morphine. Since then ive had no rash just the odd bout of bloody pee. 7 weeks ago the rash came back on my legs, over the 7 weeks it has been coming and going it seems to be when im on my feet a lot that day. The pain in my ankles and knees is excrutiating and i feel like nobody is listening. Today i was seen at the docs again due to not being able to hold down food or water for days and i was told that it was a bug. I dont think this is the case as i have a lot of pain in my back and stomach. Due to go back to work on Saturday and just cant see that happening. I feel like doctors are just not bothering and it is really getting me down. Any tips or advice from fellow HSP sufferers?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

BETH- First, hugs to you. when my son went through this it was horrible to watch, i wished it was me.

It seems the older you are with this the worse it is. see if there is somebody in your network of doctors that knows more about HSP. push to see anyone who knows more. You were on the right track of keeping notes of how it starts and more of your signs and symptoms . Keep all your daily notes, journal what you can... If the Dr's dont take you seriously, find new ones. You know more about your health and symptoms than they do, so keep track.

GOODLUCK! ❤️.

• Posted

thank you! I think it may be time to get a private doctor organised and see if they know any better! i have moved districts since my first diagnosis of this so i keep being told none of my notes get passed on and tnere is no way to access these, which is a bit stupid to me! x

• Posted

Not a good practice at all! You may want to keep a master file of your record and tag the important files for your next DR to get caught up on. Oh, if the DR wants a copy of your personal file on yourself, make sure to charge them 😃

• Posted

hello im 16 female with hsp ive had it for 9 months now how long does it take for the rash to go its getting me down x

• Posted

my longest bout of it was 4 months, hopefully it settles down soon!

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear. All what I can say that I've not seen rash since I left all dairy products from my diet (no casein, no whey, no nothing which includes milk). My HSP diagnosed in late year 2011. My opinion is that a bad diet (prepared food / junk food) contributes to bad bowel condition. Poor bowel condition absorb food differently and milk is among others full of different hormones (read about the immune response and igg /iga antibodies in the blood). Doctors laughed at me from the idea; could HSP cause something I eat / drink. However, I didn't care and I doing well today.

• Posted

thanks! i don't eat much dairy as it is but this may be something to look into!

• Posted

hi my 7 yr old daughter had this in march this year very bad dose of it too some docs said worse ever seen and still has lots of marks left now and had been really poorly in and off since like you i feel im getting fobbed off by my gps keep going they get paid to see you!

• Posted

so sorry to hear about your daughter! i got seen on friday again at the docs they think my spleen is now inflammed but trying to fill be with antibiotics due to blood in urine but i havent been taking them becusee i know thats just what happens! when phoning for an app ask for an expereinced doc and hopefully they have some answers!x

• Posted

hi weve just come out of hosp again! shes very run down still waiting on results and like you blood in urine so docs are sending it off again! so are you saying antibiotics causes the blood in urine? couldnt quite make out what you ment ?

• Posted

oh no! i hope your daughter is ok! were the hospital able to give you any answers?! blood and protien in urine while having hsp is normal so that is why i declined the antibotics. Theres no point in taking something that isnt going to help and may not work in future if there really was an infection there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.