Hsp

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ! My little boy was dignosed on Tuesday ! He is non verbal autism ;-( so can't tell me he's in pain or anything ! Non stop being sick and the rash is head to toe ! Anybody else's children been so poorly with this and how long does it last ! Heart breaking thanks Jenny x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenny,

I am so sorry to hear about your little boy. This is a heart breaking illness. I would recommend you read some of our previous posts. He is going to have regular follow ups with his Pediatrician to check his kidney function and other labs. Since he cannot tell you how he feels, you will have to be observant and keen to his symptoms and treat them as they come. There is a huge array of symptoms. Unfortunately some children get some and others don't. My 8 year old daughter was diagnosed earlier this year and she has improved significantly. However, sacrifices were made to ensure she wasn't exposed to germs unnecessarily because illness triggered her HSP symptoms. I hope I was able to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.