HSP and behaviour changes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, As you know our story my son been diagnosed with HSP back in September 2017. We were so lucky everything come and gone within 3 weeks. He was out of school for 2 weeks and he was in part time for a week. We did not let him to do PE till the half term but since that he is back to normal exept his behaviour. He will turn 6 on February, but since the illness he became completely ignorant. We had problem with him before but since the illness he is a complete nightmare. He is not listening to us, cannot sit still for a minute, if I talking to him he doesn't remember any word what I said, he always WANT something, and became extramly sensitive. If we tell him off start arguing, if he realise he cannot win he start to cry straight away or become out of control, mostly shouting and stamping on the floor, but in the school he is a well behaving boy. I try to get advise from the nurse and the consultant but they ignored the questions or simple said the illness not related to he's behavior changes. Do anyone from this forum experienced a change in the child behaviour? If yes how did you manage to go back to normal? We have a one year old and the daily life almost unmanageable to me. I cried a lot because this killing us.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate

Sorry to hear about your boy, it is horrible sickness.

Mine son was diagnosed with hsp in 2016 he had it now for 13 months.

I noticed that his behaviour started to change I did say few times to Dr but they didn't listen.

After long time they send us to different department in hospital and the Dr there said it is from hsp, it is effecting child in a lots of ways emotionally and physically and the child will have problems with behaviour.

Try again to talk to Dr and see if you can get help from them.

• Posted

Thanks to letting me know. I will speak with our gp as we been discharge from the hospital. Our next check up will be in 6 months.
  • Posted

Hi Kate,

Sorry to hear about your son. My daughter had hp last year and we noticed some behavior changes  after the HSP. The disease is traumatic for the patient and we assumed that caused it in her case. Just like your son, she was sensitive during and just after the sickness but she got back to normal over a period of time. Hope your son gets better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.