HSP and sun poisoning?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

We are new to HSP (this year).  My daughter is 20 and is having a terrible time with the sun.  She has never burned in the sun until this year.  she got sun poisoning terribly after being in the sun for only 30 min.  

Anyone know about this?  thanks!

 

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi!

    Is she on a steroid or any medications? My son is on a steroid and immunosuppressant and it caused him to burn quickly. We use very high sunscreen and always reapply.

    Hope that helps.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Thanks Deena,

      She's not on any meds right now.  only birth control and we thought it may be that so saw the Dr. and she said no as it's a very low dose pill.

      She has a hat, sunscreen etc but is still getting rash, blisters etc.

      It's so odd as it's just started after HSP diagnosis.  Nothing so far online

      Thank you!

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      That's exactly what i'm thinking Deena.  she was diagnosed (after months of searching) a few months ago.  Her last flare was the same time, 3 months ago.  

       

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Wow!!! Yeah, probably because HSP is more common in you her kids. My son was diagnosed at 9 and his pediatrician knew right away. Then, it hit his kidneys...So we've been dealing with that for almost a year.

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Not sure what you mean exactly by sun poisoning but I also got really wiped out for a couple days one time in between HSP episodes when I tried to get some sun for about 30 minutes also. I think the body really just can't take many things when immune system is experiencing HSP. In summary yes I think the sun exposure was likely to cause symptoms.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up