HSP free for 3 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

I can't stress enough to go back to the time when the Hsp began and  figure out what was going on health wise with you.  Did you have strep? Did you start a new medication? Did you have mouth work done-cavity? Root canal? Wisdom teeth pulled? I researched this disease for 3 plus years and the main causes are infections and medications. Doctors don't know much about it and there is no cure. They don't want to search for the source or the cause.  My daughter was diagnosed at 13 years old the same month that she had her wisdom teeth pulled . After fighting this nightmare for 3 years with medical doctors we went to a homeopathic doctor. He sent me to a dentist to see if she had an unknown infection in her mouth under the gums. Turned out she did! 2 big holes of infection (called cavitations) where her wisdom teeth were removed 3 years prior. Her gums healed but instead of bone growing back under the gums it was pockets of infection. She never had a fever and her mouth didn't hurt. She had headaches at  the back of her head and inflammation in her optic nerve along with all the other Hsp symptoms. After surgically removing the infection it took her body some time to heal but is Hsp free for 3 years.  While you are searching for a cause the Dapsone drug did help with the rash. It was prescribed by a dermatologist. Steroids made it worse and immune suppressant drugs have lots of side effects and if there's an infection in your body it makes the infection worse because your immune system can't fight the infection and so the infection plays havoc!! Once she got off Dapsone or immune suppressive drugs the rash came back so it was masking the problem.  Dig deep for a cause, be persistent and research! Good luck 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your post, makes me feel hopeful. How did they diagnose this infection? Did it show up on X-rays?

I had my wisdom tooth removed a few months before my symptoms got bad and it was infected at the time but treated with antibiotics

Thanks for your help!

Natalie 

• Posted

Yes it was an X-ray called a 3D cone beam scan that measures bone density and looks for areas of infection. We are from Idaho and went to Dr. Larry Bybee in Pocatello Idaho for the diagnostic 1208-478-1295 and Dr Judson Wall in Bountiful  Utah for the infection removal at 1-801-298-1812. Both are very knowledgeable and can't imagine where we would be today without them! If you are still having Hsp symptoms it could be the gums healed and the infection  still resides underneath. You can call me at 208-220-1757 if have more questions.

• Posted

Hello,

My son is 7 and has been struggling with HSP for 6 weeks. I can’t think of any infection he could have. However, he did lose a tooth a month or so before. I wonder if it could have gotten infected. Did your daughter have any other symptoms from the infected tooth?

Thanks so much.

Amanda

• Posted

No my daughter did not have any other symptoms from the tooth infection. Her mouth didn't hurt, she never had a fever but the HSP started the same month that her wisdom teeth were pulled. Basically her gums grew over the area where the infection was so in a sense it capped off the infection. So antibiotics didn't work. The infection had to be surgically removed. Infection was detected with a 3D cone beam scan. Did your son have a tooth pulled or did it fall out? Feel free to call me at 208 220-1757. I am happy to help you .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.