HSP in teenagers

Posted , 3 users are following.

HSP in teenagers. I’m a 18 year old female diagnosed with hsp around 2 weeks ago. The abdominal pain and joint pain is so severe if I’m not taking ibuprofen continually. My rash started to go away, then I was around my friends cat and the rash came back and now it’s itchy and gets irritated. Help?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Sorry to hear you are suffering from this horrible condition. 

My son was diagnosed with it age 15 and although a lot better, this HSP still lingers. His rash was never itchy although I don't think he'll have come into contact with cats. 

Are your kidneys affected? If they are you should not take ibuprofen just paracetamol. Ranitidine helped with the abdominal pain and ice for the swollen joints. 

I hope you soon get better. 

Helen 

• Posted

Hospital said my kidneys are at risk but nothing is wrong with them currently. Family doctor wants pee and blood tests to follow up in a month. So I’m not really sure... my rash was never irritable until I came across the cat, now even washing my body stings a little bit when it never did before. 
  • Posted

I was 18 when I was diagnosed with hsp. Things got so bad I was admitted to hospital several times and the pain relief that worked for me was morphine. The itchy rash was horrendous, I still remember it to this day.  I took piriton everyday and went for cold showers, sounds silly but it cools the rash therefor takes the itchiness out it for a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.