HSV-1 genital

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys. ive been posting on here recently, and recently posted pictures of my "outbreak" which cleared up pretty quickly. My results finally came back and I am postive for HSV-1. My doctor on the phone told me it is not considered an STD, but obviously since its genital i got it from sex... So idk why she said that.. I was told that HSV-1 does not thrive that well in the genital region and that i am less likely to have outbreaks down there than i would be if it was oral. How often do you guys have HSV-1 genital outbreaks? What do i do when i want to have a baby? How have you guys told your sexual partners? should i be on a daily antiviral? Im honeslty not that upset to actually have it. and i know ill get over it, im just embarrased and afraid to tell my boyfriend because we recently started dating so i dont even think its from him, and im afraid to spread it...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Does your boyfriend or previous ones have cold sores on the mouth? thats hsv1. You could have gotten it from them giving you oral. i know its crazy but i recently learned that!

• Posted

The guy I was seeing months ago had oral hsv-1 but i had only learned that after asking him. I never saw him have a cold sore.. My boyfriend now hasnt been tested in a long time and has probably been with multiple women since the last time he was tested, but was negative.

• Posted

well if your previous boyfriend has hsv1 and has given you oral then that may be how youve gotten it. try googling it!

• Posted

Most likely yes. I am just afraid to tell my current boyfriend and passing it to him

• Posted

i know, but its not so bad..i am stressing i have warts but everyone on here says they dont look like it and i have been exaiminted. but just be honest, if its meant to be he will understand. just use protection.

• Posted

Thank you, I hope so, and I really appreciate your input!!!

• Posted

No problem! good luck to you 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.