Hsv on tongue or face? Burning in mouth and Itchy face.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been suffering from a sort of burning tip of my tongue and a little uncomfortable sensation in my mouth. Sometimes, depending on what i have eaten or drunk i get a blackish/deep red spot on the side of my tongue and lots of little dots near the tip of my tongue. These do not ooze, scab or ache but just appear.

I also have white dots on my lip (top) which look like Fordyce and my bottom lip also seems to be constantly chapped and peeling in places.

My nose had also become itchy and greasy and sometimes red patches appear on my face, near my eyebrows.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them, is it and allergy or something more sinister, I have seen several sexual health consultants and GPs and they cant see anything wrong, but to me it certainly is.

I am extremely stressed so perhaps this is making it worse.

I have had no classic symptoms of coldsores or anything else.

I hope someone can help me.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The little tiny bumps that you see on the end of your tongue are called transient lingual papillitis typically occur when the tongue is inflamed or irritated so that’s in periods of stress, viral causes like the common cold, or bacterial infections, as well as allergy flare-ups. They can also be caused by acid reflux and really spicy or acidic foods i dont think what u have is herpes as it isnt common on the tongue i myself have hsv1 of the mouth and it dosnt effect my tongue wat so ever the best thing u can do is visit your doctor or dentist for a proper diagnosis as to wat is causing the irritation also fordyce spots are caused by your lips being to dry and they are over producing oil under the skin u should use vasaline to keep them moist

• Posted

some skin allergys /problems can also cause dryness and patchy peeling skin sometimes they are stress related or caused by face products soaps wipes etc try not to use soap on the skin as it can dry it out use something thats ph balanced or something for sensative skin

• Posted

I am highly stressed, every day is a struggle for me recently as i think i have an sti and just want it ended. Really appreciate your input. I will get back to the GP as soon as i can. No one i have seen has said there is anything visually wrong. Could it be candisis or oral thrush?

I have also been getting really bad headache behind my eyes with it. Its just so frustrating i dont know how much more i can take.

• Posted

@kim16265

im assuming i would know by now if it was herpes in my tongue as last sexual exposure was 6 months ago. Also would the dots on my lips have scabbed over by now. I am thinking they wouldn't have stayed like this for months without changing.

• Posted

first outbreak of herpes usually lasts a bit longer id say 4 weeks at most then each outbreak after that around 1/2 weeks so the likely hood u have herpes is slim ...oral thrush causes a white coating on the tongue which when tried brushing off it leaves red sore patches its usually quite painful it can effect the throat aswel and make it difficult to swallow

• Posted

Thanks.

I haven't had any difficulty in swallowing or eating, but sometimes my lips will feel a bit sensitive after eating some foods, I have never experienced this before.

Im just really anxious over it and everyone I have spoken to cant see anything wrong.

Can stress cause oral distress then?

Totally appreciate your help.

• Posted

hey many any news or update on this i have the same issues any advice would be much appreciated !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.