HSV symptoms and 2 negative IGG tests over 8 months. Need advice!

Posted , 16 users are following.

A little over 8 months ago I had mostly protected sex twice with a guy over a wknd. The first 10 minutes or so was unprotected both times, as well as unprotected oral sex. Within a few days I noticed a slight burning sensation vaginally and within a week I had flu like symptoms. The burning got worse and for a week felt like it was on fire.. My mouth and face had the same feeling for a few days. I noticed a small cut/ ulcer on my lip. Went to the dr. and she insisted it was not herpes. She tested for basic stds and advised it was a bacterial infection.. ureaplasma. Gave me medicine and the burning temporarily went away for maybe a week or two. During the first few months post exposure I've experienced the constant burning, extreme lower backaches on and off, knee pain and burning eyes. My left eye felt like there was something constantly in it and sometimes blurry vision. That lasted about a month. At 4 mos. I went and did the IGG test knowing it would be positive for hsv 2. It wasn't: hsv 1: .2, hsv 2: .17. For the past few months I've just had the constant light burning sensation vaginally. About 2 months ago I broke out in itchy hives around my waist band and bra line, as well as the inner upper thighs.. Close to the vagina. The hives disappeared within hours of appearing so I assumed it was from tight clothing although I've never experienced that before. About a month or so ago, I noticed a pimple which a white head on the top of my vagina, which I popped and white pus came out. It disappeared after being popped. Shortly after, I've had 2-3 itchy burny bumps on my inner right thigh. They appeared a week within each other, not all at the same time. Only one became a pimple in which I popped and again, white pus. A few days ago I noticed a stinging feeling on my labia and noticed a tiny bump. Yesterday I squeezed it, and again, white not watery pus came out. 2 days ago, which would be a little after 8 months post exposure I had another IGG test done. Knew it'd be positive this time as I've read it can take up to 6 months for some ppl to develop antibodies. Negative again. HSV 1: .26 and hsv 2: .11. I feel almost certain I have hsv but why am I still getting negative results?? I've read that in some ppl it can take over a year and others never build the antibodies. Why is that? And if it's not hsv wth could it be??

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you for responding. I am very grateful for not having an outbreak but I feel it's jus a matter of time before I do. The crawling sensation is jus crazy. Today I notice the back of my leg is sensitive to touch. I'm really depressed thinking I'll have this forever.........

• Posted

HEY GUYs I’ve been reading  all of your messages and I i bien don’t feel alone now . Today I got tested of any possible disease I could have . I do have red bumps on my Pena’s followed with a couple small liezures . They began to heal and by the 7th day they have no more pain and are diminishing by color. I went to get tested today and she said more then likely it’s genital herpes but my faith will outshine this guys .. 
  • Posted

Hi hope

Did you get an answer to ur situation?

My saga is still going. I'm going to get my 6 month test done on Friday. Hopefully this result outs an end to this.

• Posted

Hi Shan

It’s been over a year since Hope last posted something on this thread,  hope she gets back to you.

• Posted

Hi G

How are things going for you. Did u retest and are u still getting negative results?

• Posted

I'm having constant clear mucus discharge some occasional itching and skin sensitivity at the back of my left thigh. Funny thing is that it does not hurt to touch it but if my clothing touch its painful. Have u experience any of this?

• Posted

Hi Shan

No I haven’t been for retesting, I KNOW I have HSV2 as mentioned in my earlier post, I even have the blisters on my lower back to prove it. I have all the typical symptoms for herpes before an OB comes by. Strange thing is that I tested for HSV via a urine sample and blood tests (at different times) and both tests came back negative.

Shan what you described is EXACTLY what I have. Small blisters usually clumped together or in the rare case it’s a single blister. They all have a clear liquid when they break and usually get a tingeling/sensitive skin around the area or down my leg. As mentioned I get my blisters on my lower back which is usually around my belt line. When I press on the blisters they not sore but when my pants/belt rubs on them they get painfully sore, usually a plaster covering the blisters does the trick. Just a heads up,make sure you wash your hands properly when touching the blisters, as the clear liquid has concentrated amounts of the herpes virus and you can get blisters on other parts of your body if there is a break in the skin. Also avoid rubbing your eyes as herpes can be passed on into the eye. Don’t mean to scare you but sometimes a little bit of education really helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.