HSV Type 2

Posted , 2 users are following.

I seen a discussion on here called " Waiting on my results " by this girl named Tasha! I have a similar story as her. I'm in a relationship. One night I was out with some friends and a couple of guys. We were drinking, I wasn't drunk, just tipsy. I had sex with one of my friends, friends. We did you protection. Days and weeks later, I'm just fine. . . Until me and my boyfriend have sex like after day 3. I also gave him oral. I had sever pain down there and when i looked, I noticed red bumps! I went to my obgyn and she immediately swabbed sores. Welp! I'm positive. I feel humiliated. I feel like a big hoe. Knowing I had a bf, I still had sex with someone else. Is it possible I got this virus from the guy I used protection with since? Because I gave my bf oral and I don't have type 1. I was told type 1 is oral and type 2 is genitals. Is it possible that I gave it to my bf even though I didn't have a ob until after we had sex? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It's always possible! Have him get tested if he shows and symptoms or since you too are seeing ea other his doctor can do a blood test since your positive 

• Posted

I thought you had to wait so many months for a blood test to come out accurate. So because I gave my bf oral before we had sex, and I am positive for type 2. I wouldn't have type 1 unless we had intercourse first and then oral? 

• Posted

Yea it's something like 2/3 after exposure but they usually won't do if u don't show signs unless you have been exposed

• Posted

Did u get a blood test or you had a culture??? Your blood test would tell you if it's new or old can't tell you how old tho. Some ppl don't show signs or have ob for years so it's definitely possible you already had it and just had an outbreak 

• Posted

A culture is a swab year right? If so, that’s what I got done! I just don’t understand how could I pass it to my bf if I wasn’t having a ob.
  • Posted

Viral shedding!! It's supposed to happen with the ob but studies show sometimes we shed even we are not having an outbreak

• Posted

He says he doesn’t have it since my ob didn’t start until after intercourse . I know this sounds selfish of me, but I hope he does have it. So we can go through it together. I just know he’s going to leave me if he’s negative! 
    • Posted

That he thinks he wasn't exposed because the time of your outbreak. You used a condom with the other guy it's possible this is something that you have had and just having an outbreak 

• Posted

I tried to tell him it doesn’t matter when my ob occurred. It’s possible that I got it from the guy with the condom & or him “ my bf . “ because we had sex 3 days in a row & the 4th day that’s when my sores appeared. & like you said I could’ve already been affected with the virus & just didn’t have a ob until after I had sex with my bf. So there’s a 50/50 chance. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.