HSV1 and my Childs father

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I was diagnosed with HSV-1 In the genital area and also found i was pregnant smh(I have the worst luck) I caught the Virus from my ex boyfriend through oral sex. I know for a fact he's not the father of my child and I've cut all communications with him after finding out he gave this to me. My questions is what is the risk of giving it to my child's father?I don't want to pass it to him because we are finally trying to work things out for our baby. I've been taking  vacyclovir everyday and on time. if we have unprotected sex can I pass it to him?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear that...you need to avoid sexual activity at active phase of disease and also always use a condom with him...besides u can opt for a cesarean section....so it won't pass to the baby

• Posted

Thank you for your response I have taken the 10 day medication for valacyclovir after that how long should I avoid sexual contact?(plus I'm starting my suppressive therapy this week ) I haven't told him yet because we are finally happy but I don't want to hurt him either smh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.