Hsv1 TRANSFER HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I TESTED POS IN 2019 FOR HSV1 BY BLOOD BUY IVE NEVER HAD AN OUTBREAK NO COLDSORE OR GENITALS I DID HAVE DISCHARGE AROUND THAT TIME BUT NEVER BLISTERS OR ANYTHING SO I NEVER KNEW IF IT WAS ORAL OR GENITAL . I RECENTLY HAD A NEW PARTNER WHICH I ALWAYS TELL & ENSURE CONDOMS IS USED BUT I THINK HE CONTRACTED IT & HAS GHOSTED ME COMPLETLY ! IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO PREVENT TRANFERRING IN THE FUTURE ? IVE ASKED MY OB ABOUT MEDS AND SHE BRUSHED IT OFF BUT IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN TAKE DAILY TO LOWER CHANCES ? HELP

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hey sorry to hear that. I read online the test for IgG antibodies can accurately tell you if you have HSV-1 or HSV-2. I read theres also medications you can take for both oral/genital herpes but you dont know wihch herpes you have so I would take the correct test if i were you. You can also take lysine supplements daily to help you reduce the risk of passing of passing it to others. They're not medications but just vitamin supplements and you can take 500 mg a day. If you ever get an outbreak, you can take 3,000-4,000 mg daily until the cold sore goes away. You should also buy blistex which is for the lips in case you ever get an outbreak. Also, maybe the guy ghosted you for another reason and it may not to have to do with herpes. If you already tried asking him him why he stopped contacting you, then just let it go. If he ghosted you and it was a relationship, then sorry about that. If you two were just casual and not serious, then it could be for another reason he stopped reaching out. Anyway, just use lysine daily and it helps to an extent. Just be positive and keep moving forward

• Edited

If you take daily, oral Valtrex, it will reduce the chances of you passing it on to your partner by about half.

Why do you think he contracted it? Did he say as much or are you just assuming it based on him ghosting you? If you have genital HSV-1, many people rarely, if ever, experience OB's other than their initial OB. Because of this, it is rare that GHSV is passed in this manner. Not saying that it can't happen, but it's nowhere near as easy to pass it as it would be if you have GHSV-2. I've been w/ my wife for just over five years and have yet to pass it on to her - and that's with a relatively healthy, frequent sex life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.