HSV1. What should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 21 Female this year, I just found out this year I was diagnosed with HSV 1. Till this year, I have no major symptoms from what I have googled online, only small cuts on my lip.

Last year, I got into a relationship with my current Boyfriend. I mention to him I used to have open relationship and unprotected sex (10guys) before I met him and having sex with him.

We have unprotected and oral sex for the first month. He noticed he start to have rashes and blisters near his gential. He started to accuse me say it was my fault for passing it to him. So I went for a Herpes check up. Realised I was diagnosed with HSV 1 (non-genital) but not HSV 2 (genital).

I didn't deny the fact that I might pass it to him when during oral sex. (Because he said I was his 3rd sex partners.)

We broke up for a month, he started to date someone else and had sex with her. It totally break my heart.

We got back together because I still love him but my friends start to say I was stupid enough to go back to him. I ignored my friend's words.

However, our relationship getting bad to worse, he avoid of kissing me as he say I might pass it to him. Our trust level is super Low.

I know he couldn't accept my past for having too many guys. I trying my best to make him trust me that I no longer like my past and trying my best to trust him that he will not flirt with other girls anymore.

But recently, I started to feel like he just treating me as a sex toy to satisfy his needs instead of a girlfriend.

Will like to know does anyone encounter same problem with me? What can I do? Thank you for reading.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Girl leave him!! You are not your past!!! He shouldn't treat you any different because HSV 1 not that bad. HSV 2 the worse one. Half the population has HSV 1 also known as cold sores. Most people actually get it as children. You will find someone more understanding. Ultimately the decision is yours, but you should ask yoursel, do you deserve to be treated that way.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! I guess I really need to let go this relationship. But I'm afraid to open up again to other guys about me having HSV1. As I know, it is difficult for people to accept a girl with hsv1.

• Posted

I would say before you get into a relationship with anyone get tested both of you together. So that way you'll be able to know if he has it as well and then you can explain it to him that way. But like I said the majority of the population does have this virus, so the new guy might have it as well and not know it. Another way you can approach the new guy is by asking him if he gets cold sores or if he ever has gotten a cold sore. But don't be so obvious. Say something like "oh my God there's so many ads on cold sores" and then ask him that question. Either way I would say you get tested together with the new guy because ultimately you don't know if he has something else that you don't want to catch.

Don't let this control your life! I know it's hard, I was there too. I thought my life was over, but it's not. There just isn't any stigma on cold sores which is the same thing as HSV-1.

Hope this helps!!! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.