HSV2 Test results Help!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone else taken the IGG HSV 2 test and came back with Less than .91? i don't have the less than symbol sorry. Is that considered negative or equivocal?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

thats negative

• Posted

0.91 is equivocal. you need to undergo the test again, the accurate time would 3 months after the exposure.

• Posted

if it is between 0.8 - 1.2 then it is considered equivocal

• Posted

but its <.91 not .91 and the test results said if it was<.91 it was negative

• Posted

im posting my results <.91 is negative not eq

you have too match you numbers up witht the chart not all numbers are the same when it comes to positive ,neg ,.......

• Posted

so I got a negative at 5 months but now have tears on my butthole and the entrance of my vag. so I'm getting tested again on Thursday. it's been 10 months now since intercourse.

• Posted

So it was negative but they say that it can be false negative if you don't get opening swabbed after a certain amount of time, so Idk how long I had, had mine. but everyone so far has gotten positives way before ever hitting 5 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.