Huge gash. What to do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I accidentally got a huge gash! I have washed the gash with clean water and bandaged it up. However, is there anything I should do to make sure it will be ok? I am currently self-isolating because I am positive to Covid and I cannot go to the hospital now or buy any medication. Please help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Stay positive, you will recover from COVID19 and the gash will heal by itself. Protect the gash because the wrong move can make things worse. You could try TCP cream or fluid.

• Posted

From the photo you can't really tell how deep the cut is, but I believe you can take care of it to heal without medical intervention.

Clean it well, dry it, and bandage it with a healing ointment. Keep it dry and avoid tensing or flexing the area.

About COVID, I hope you get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.