Huge kidney stone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Having pcnl for removal of huge stag horn infection stone. Scared. Anyone ever had this done.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Is this the one where they go through your back to get the stone? I know you must be scared but you will feel a lot better!
    • Posted

Yes they go through the back.  It's done under general anesthesia. I know I'll feel better as it's a large infection stone and am always having an infection. Can't wait till it's over tho.  Have had three opinions and have finally found a wonderful doc to perform the surgery.  

Thanks for for your concern and will keep you informed of my progress. Surgery sometime in June.  

Linda 💕💕💕

• Posted

What is pcnl?

I really hope you will feel better after this.

Praying for you

Keep in touch

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

hi sarah

they go in through the back. Done under general anesthesia. Then they break the stone up with something like a drill.  Hopefully they can get through it. Think these big staghorn stones are like concrete. 

Thanks for chatting

linda 

• Posted

Hi linda,

I was daignosed with 5 stones of which two were blocking my tubes . I had a pcnl for the left tube as the surgeon tried for 4 hours through the normal route .

I may have been lucky but I had no problems , I was awake for the whole procedure, and in all honesty only felt slight discomfort in the genital area when he inserted the stent or whatever it was he did lol

Its a tiny hole half the size of my pinky fingernail and doesnt even require stitching ..

Two days later he removed the drain and I was allowed home with two stents in place which was removed 6 weeks later.

I still have three stones in my kidneys but thats for another day 😊

Best wishes and,a,speedy recovery

• Posted

hi mike

hope my procedure goes as well as yours.  Glad you had no problems.  Mine is going to be done under general anesthesia and stent will be removed the next day and I can go home. Will keep you informed.  Procedure in early June.  

Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.