Huge life changes, going out of my mind!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there,

can anyone relate to me? I have a daughter getting married on Saturday at 20 years old!! She is pregnant and they decided to hurry up and marry!! UGH!!

My son will graduate high school this coming May and will be off to college. Now I feel like OMGoodness!!! Everyone is leaving!!! I am so overwhelmed with anxiety and sadness!!!

This huge life changes feel so difficult!! Also, my mother is dying of alzhiemers. I just feel like I am going to scream!!!!

I have been having hyperventilation, massive panic attacks, bursting out crying at walmart for no reason, just acting completely out of my head!!! Can anyone relate to me??? ALso, I do NOT get along with my only sibling!!! Older brother who acts like he is God's gift to the world!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

YES JEN I CAN RELATE! actually have been seeing a counselor. i was divorced in 2010 after 26 yrs and felt completely lost in the world. I LIVED with my daughter for two years, then she got engaged. I love living with her because we were so close, we laughed a lot, went shopping together and it was great. MY sons are on their own too. now living with a friend and hate it.ANXIETY, PANIC, DEPRESSION took me over. IM not happy unless im around my kids who im very close to.

I also have One of those brothers who thinks he is gods gift to the world. We don’t talk. I have a sister don’t see each other enough . interestingly enough, my mother passed of the same disease and that was many years of sadness and my sister took total care of her . THE SADNESS IS OVERWHELMING as I FEEL SO ALONE IN THIS LIFE.I TRY TO BE STRONG but its hard.

Just feel so sad,I SEE my kids but thats only a day here and there . I understand they have their own lives. I just don’t like being alone. Always wonderful years I had raising them were the best years of my life.

I completely understand where you’re coming from and I’m sorry you are also going through this

• Posted

omg Jen....are we sisters?

your story almost imitates mine. I suspect you're in your 40's (cuz of your kid's ages). I'm in my 60's.....but same stories.

I've got 2 adult daughters (one whom I'm EXTREMELY close to.....but she's living in Texas right now. I live in California, so unfortunately, our relationship is a couple phone calls a day, texting, and if we're both really lucky and have the $$, we see each other 2x p/year.

my younger brother and I have NO relationship even tho he's my only sibling. he's got tons of .money, lives in a multi-million dollar home, travels the world (well, you get the picture).

I, on the other hand live paycheck to paycheck....not. complaining, but you get the picture.

and lastly, my mom (whom I was extremely close to) died about 15yrs ago of Alzheimer's. the saddest day of my life was the day she didn't know who I was. I'd lost my best friend.

so anyway, sorry to bend your ear....it's just when I read your post my mind was Blown!!

if you ever need to talk, please don't hesitate to message me or post.

take care and thinking of you!💕

• Posted

wow lynda im in my 60s too. I HAVE the same type of brother. we never talk. mine is very selfish and rich. my mom was my best friend too and had same illness. its difficult the way things turn out.

• Posted

I think you are all suffering from empty nest syndrome and it sounds like you have devoted all your lives to your kids. This is fine until they move on to be come independent. However now is the time to move on and live the last third of your life doing what you want to do.

You need to start making an outside life for yourselves so get cracking. See what local clubs are near you and what you fancy joining. There are bound to be clubs for over 60's and lots of new friends to be made. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.