Huge reduction in amount of AF from using Devils claw.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone. I have read and offered tips over the years in this forum especially about my triggers of AF. Recently however . l have had a major breakthrough and l wanted to share it. l started taking a natural anti-inflammatory for my arthritis that contains Devils claw and it had a side effect of reducing my AF from 25% to 5%! l have a pacemaker for SSS ( sick sinus syndrome) and they were able to determine this from my data. it may be just me but l hope it works for all of you too.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Are you on a blood thinner? I was under the impression that we cannot take any anti-inflammatory drugs/supplements = only Tylenol...

• Posted

Hi Suzanne. l am only on Aspirin as when l was on Apizaban l was bleeding too much. The anti-inflammatory l'm taking is not a NSAD but a herbal preparation. I am however also taking Voltaren (for my arthritis) and fish oil ( which also thins the blood).

• Posted

i havent been on here for a while, but where are all the advertisements coming from on this site? how old are you and when were u diagnosed with afib?

• Posted

l am 55 and have had AF for 5 years.

• Posted

wish all the best for u. seems like there are more risks than i am willing to take. i am on eliquis and although it said nothing about eliquis it did mention those on coumadin may have an increased affect and doseage

may need to be changed. the liver breaks down certain other meds faster when on devils claw. increased bleeding tendencies if u have ulcers, etc. as with nsaids.

of course, everyone should consult their doctor before doing any

changes with meds or herbs. i have osteoarthritis also and wish i could take antiinflammatories.

again, good luck with your afib.

carol

• Posted

Hi Carol. My cardiologist when he saw my reduction said "keep doing what l'm doing" which is good. Coincidentally- l got OA after being on Eliquis (Apixiban). My theory is it exacerbated it. Anyway, l feel much better and less chance of stroke which are both important.

Are you taking glucosamine and/or Panadol osteo?

• Posted

Wow, that's awesome. Congratulations! I hope it is a safe effective way to control the afib.

Best regards,

Patrick

• Posted

Thanks Patrick. Both my cardiologist and GP are happy.

• Posted

Can you point me towards some actual peer reviewed studies on this rather than the adverts and "natural science" websites my web search throws out?

Please also note that anecdotal evidence is anecdotal not evidence.

• Posted

Hi Jason. As yet l don't know if there is any research on devil's claw re AF yet- my Cardiologist is however, a big researcher and is going to look into it. The results are pretty amazing and l just wanted to put it out there so it may help other people. lt can take years somtimes for research to be completed and published so its up to individuals if they want to take anecdotal evidence or not.

Cheers,

Robyn

• Posted

It's very interesting that you have found these results. I was 37 a couple years ago when I had my first episode of afib. I though it was from a combination of fatigue, dehydration, caffeine and physical and mental stress all in the same day. But I almost forgot that a couple weeks before my first episode I injured my lower back and decided to take devils claw as a natural remedy for a few days. I think it affected my circulation and it felt a bit strange taking it. Just a thought but maybe my rare case of afib has been caused by devil's claw. In the last two years I've had six episodes of rapid afib in total all lasting within 7 to 8 hrs before going back into sinus rhythm. I'm on a waiting list for an ablation now. Hopefully all goes well and I can get back to normal healthy living.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.