Hugs and hope you feel better to all of you....

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have recovered from severe migraines, HE, stroke like symptoms, ER visits +. It's taken a year. I completely changed my lifestyle, food, added supplements, relaxation. Researched my way through natural treatments on the internet and through reading books from physicians. (btw- something my nueroligist told me not to do.....)

I never thought I would feel better again when I was at my worst...( couldn't open or keep my eyes open...just one of the symptoms) Wishing you all recovery, and just wanting you to know that it is possible. I;ve been pretty much migraine free for a year now. Hang in there!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

neurologist...ha...evidently I will never recover from 'typos!'cry
  • Posted

can you briefly describe the changes/supplements you are taking that helped?  Id like to implement them as well     (I will try anything) smile
  • Posted

Hi wildjflippin,

Yes! I remember the feeling, I did just about try everything!!! I found what I had posted earlier for another gal that asked, so reposting it now.

Sorry to take a while to respond. Had to search around for my password! Memory issues thanks to previous migrianies!

I'll try and outline what I did. Plan to put an ebook up on amazon also. So thanks for asking.

I am pretty much migraine free at this point...after suffering from stroke like, go to hospital stuff a year ago. Here's what I've done so far.

Supplements

B12

magnesium

white willow bark

curcumin and tumeric

vincopocene

Vit C

daily multi vit

Vit D - all supplements had to be gluten, additive free

Organic green tea

detox T

Gave up all wheat, dairy and caffeine and OMG sugar!!!. ( I am able to have 1 cup of coffee with a little milk or almond milk now and seem to do okay with that.) If I add wheat or gluten of any kind the headaches try to start up again. Its good to really research what foods have wheat or gluten as it's hidden in many foods.

Don't eat much sugar either. I know this probably doesnt sound like much fun- but there are actually lots of new books with recipes to make tasty food without the stuff that was making me sick. For that first 'recovery year I ate at least 5 cups of organic veggies, salads per day. And only occasional organic/grass fed meat or fish.

Rest was also a huge part of my recovery, and I know that's hard to do for most. I sat out in the sun, read a lot, watched funny movies. It was difficult financially for us, but I figured it was my only hope of ever being able to function again.

Also did a lot of stretching and massage of my neck muscles.

For the first 6  months about all I could do was sit outside in the sun and relax. ( I know, probably sounds good to a lot of you, but I found it boring....and costly!....self employed here!)

Stayed of the computer as much as possible.

Detox baths of 1/2 cup of epsom salts for 20 minutes several times a week.

Sometimes 1/2 cup of empsom salt and hydrogen peroxide baths also helped.

I took an asprin/magneseum/cafeeine medication at the first sign or twinge of a headache. Prevention seems to be huge for me.

Without question, for me cutting out all processed foods was the key to getting better. And eating a rdiculous amount of veggies. I also added a daily high dose probitic capsule, digestive enzymes and yogurt to my diet. (plain, without added sugar or colorings.)

Look at healing the digestive system, as I beleive a lot of this illness is caused by leaky guy issues.

Also, cutting out 99% of my stress and situations that were stressful.

Hope this is helpful to some of you,

I did not take medication, except the supplements, as the medication knocked me out too much. Hang in and good luck to everyone! I'll look through my notes and see if there's anything else that comes to mind...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.