Humiliating Tablets

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi!

Well I tried Orlistat for about a year and never ever again!!!

OK, the 1st month I lost loads (13kg) and it was fab. Then things ground to a halt and I would lose 1 or 2 lbs a month. Then things got nasty. If I didn't eat any fat I got wind and stomach pains.

If I did eat fat I got wind and the runs. My family used to call me the wind tunnel!

It all came to a head about 3 months ago when i woke up to find I had messed the bed (luckily missing hubby!!). Now that was so humiliating I have refused to ever take them again.

I am still fat but I feel healthy. I am about to investigate joining a local ladies only gym and I will lose this weight but the hard way. I will not rely on those damned blue pills ever again!!!

Lelly xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear that they did not suit you, was you being closely monitored by a GP or at least a nurse to make sure you where following the diet plan and how to take the tablets properly?

My understanding is that if you do not over do the fat intake you won't get the bad affects. 30g's of total fat per day and no more than 15g's of total fat at any one meal.

As for having fat you do need some in your diet or it cannot be classed as a balanced diet and this is what these tablets are there to do, can to grips with a low fat balance diet that can be carried on after you have reached the goal set by yourself/and/or GP

• Posted

I have just started on these tablets.

But I have been slimfasting since January and so far lost 5 stone on that... things were starting to grind to a halt and I want to lose another 5 stone in weight

So, doctor has put me on these, been taking them for about 10 days and continued with the Slimfast

I eat very little fat most days less than 20gs, never mind 30 and havnt since January.... Yet I have had a few experiences since Sunday in particular with wind and discharge

So.... not convinced at the moment!!!

• Posted

wind is normal, its not a sign of overstepping, its a bit gross but manageable, when you say discharge do you mean orange oil?
  • Posted

I asked my nurse about going onto Slim fast with these tablets and she said there is no documented reason not to but she said that it would be advisable to just make up with 1/2 measures and see how it affected me as she was not sure if it would lead to possible accidents.

To be honest I would only of used slim fast a few days as these tablets are to be taken to get you into the habit of eating a low fat balanced diet, if you use slim fast ongoing for weeks/months as soon as you start putting food into your body you are going to gain weight.

Are you taking the slim fast under GP/nurse's direction ?

• Posted

Yes I am taking them under the doctors advise, she also knows that I have been slimfasting since Jan

But no weight loss in nearly 2 weeks, so going to carry on this prescription and then will pack in if still no weight loss

• Posted

Sandradee - I've got about the same total weight to lose as you, so I'm really jealous of your 5 stone loss already - that's fantastic.

I don't think I've got the willpower for Slimfast, and I know that I'd just pile the weight back on once I stopped the Slimfast.

Instead I've been trying to make small sustainable changes that will last forever. Over the last 3 months I've lost about a stone, so it's a long hard slog.... but to be honest I don't feel like I'm dieting. I've been on Orlistat for about 6 weeks and it does seem to be helping, although over the holidays I've been a bit lax at remembering to take the pills! :oops:

Had a bit of a slip up today - grabbed a ready made pasta salad in Sainsburys for a quick dinner, on the way home. Read the label as containing 11gm of fat. I wolfed the lot down and then realised the fat content is per HALF pot!! So I've had a bit of a 'loo experience' tonight..... that'll teach me to read labels more carefully! :roll:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.