Humira

Posted , 1 user is following.

Iv been diagnosed with severe hs for over 10 years now I'm 29 it all started with my periods, I'm waiting harmone test atm, due to pcos been found at a ultra sound for missed periods and messed up periods, iv had every antibiotic god could give, over 50 operations, I had sepsis in 2017 due to a absess in my groin that led to sepsis, luckily I was in accident and emergency when I started to lose my hearing and sight, I was so scared 2 month of surgery, vac pack on my groin ect, my dermatologist started me with humira last November loading dose of 4 40ml injections then 2 in the next week now 1 weekly, however I'm currently suspended from my injection because of emergency sergery on my abdomen large absess out of control 6 cm deep by 4 wide, I'm at risk of the hole never healing so my injection as been stopped, humira is far from your cure, that's the thing u need to be reminding your self this won't make it all go away but for me it's certainly slowed down my flar up but as u can see not to the point of no more accruing, I'm back at the hospital in May where they or goin to prescribe isoterion aswell as my humira iv had isoterion alone for 2 year made no difference to my skin but my moods was terrible I could not even smile for my lips busting wide open due to isoterion, everyone different though maybe humira will work for you, it jst didn't work enough for me alone hence the other drug been given again, but in between this the sergery as again delayed me treatment for this it's a long hard battle that I'm affraid is an auto immune disease that's very stubborn there isn't no know cure for hs and that's a fact good luck I wish u well

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.