Humira

Posted , 4 users are following.

How long does it take to get a new biologic? I was put on etanercept over a year ago and went through screening and the whole thing took about 5 weeks from referral to first injection.

Now I'm being switch to Humira and it's been 6 weeks since the doctor said they'd arrange it and I've heard nothing at all. Is this normal or have I been forgotten?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello

What,s the reason for the switch, is it because the one your on is'nt working to well for you and they are trying something different for you?

Or are ((they)) changing it because your present one is more expensive than the Humira?

I was on Humira and my local health service changed me to one called Amgevita because it was cheaper ( they were totally honest about it).

But the suprising thing was from informing me the change was taking place to it actually happening took 4 months so that was 4 deliverys of the dearer drug to my home because as grateful as we all are to NHSfor looking after us their organisational skills at times are lacking at best.

Good luck anyways

Gaz

• Posted

Wow. Thank you.

I'm being switched because the old one was no longer working well enough.

Shortly after I was told about the switch, the supplier called me because I was due my regular delivery of etanercept. I told them I was switching to something else, so not to bother as I had about 4 injections left. They deliver 3 months' worth at a time and I didn't want to waste expensive drugs by having an overlap. But now I have used all the etanercept and don't have the new one. So I messed up.

• Posted

You will be ok missing your injection time for about a week or so as you have so much of it in your system but obviously it need,s sorted. Speak to your consultant asap or their secretary and help will be at hand until your situation is resolved.

All the best

Gaz

• Posted

Hi, i've just read your post. i was changed from Etanercept to Tocilazumab 3

months ago The drug took 3 months to kick in . If you look on the drugs web site it will tell you how long Most are 3 months! Are you under the care of a rheumatologist? You should be & you have to keep chasing them. As i think they've forgotten you. They did me so i have to keep chasing them. Remember if it wasn't for you they'd be out of a job!!

Hope this helps

kind regards

Maureen

• Posted

Hi good luck..hope your able to solve your issue soon..

Im without a rheumetolgist again... Right now had to stop my humariara for a few weeks due to a cough Trying to figure out whats causing it Hope i dont flare...

Good luck hugs

Debrose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.