Humira Newbie

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, just started Humira today and hope I am successful with it.i have RA and have tried many things . This time I’m going with a cocktail of methotrexate and humira .

Anyone who has any feedback on how long before I see any results is greatly appreciated. Actually any advice  on treating RA  is appreciated 😊

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Smaslow, I haven't heard of Humira, I am on methotrexate and weekly self inject toximilimab 

• Posted

Hi. Took me 1 mo on humira and mtx before symptoms subsided. I've been on it for 2 mo now and so much better. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi

I started on Humira about a year ago. It started workin after a couple of injections. It’s been the best thing I’ve taken. Really made a difference to me. I do take leflunomide and hydroxychloroquine aswell but adding Humira has helped so much.  I also have had no side effects 

• Posted

Hello

I started on humira approx 16 to 17 yrs ago, in fact i was one of the first people in my area to be on it as it had'nt long been out of its trials, i was made aware of this at the time by my consultant. Anyways for me it was life changing, from being off work and at times in bed for ages to going back to work ( i work for myself in the building trade i'm a bricky by trade. So i was back at work full on within 4weeks of starting on humira alongside methotrexate. It may not be the same story for everyone but for me it worked and continues to do so. I'm 60 now so i guess over the years my body had become used to the drugs, i was just seeing my consultant today and he's upped the MTX but only to 15 mgs and there's a lot of ppl on here taking more than that so we'l see. I allways have pain but combat it with codeine, paracetemol, hot baths and turmeric can be helpful to.

Good luck to you and i wish you well.

• Posted

Hi, I was put on Benepali a biological drug about a year ago and seemed to work within a week or two and been working ever since and no side effects, I am also on Sulfasalazine being on that for 15 years, do you get any problems i.e. side effects with methotrexate? I was tried on it once and ended up in A&E with severe digestive issue, I was only on it a week, I reckon humira will work pretty fast, do you get regular blood test?.

• Posted

Hi martin31040, I try and space my mtx so that I am taking it when I am sleeping , this way any nausea that it caused me in the beginning  for a few hrs  I don’t feel anymore. Hope your day is going well 🙂

• Posted

Thanks everyone for your positive replies. I am so  looking forward to better days . I think the fatigue I have is so  hard to deal with cuz I don’t sit still usually and to have to is just so agrivating. Hope all of you a re having s good day 😉sincerely, Shirl

• Posted

Hi Humira was fantastic I was symptom free for 8 years then had a baby and a change of job which meant I was in the cold more then it eventually stopped but hope it works for ever!!

On a separate note I wanna I’ll be trying anti inflammatory juicing fingers crossed it helps

Good luck!!

• Posted

What is anti-inflammatory juicing.? And my fingers are crossed 🤞 for you too 🙏

I need to ask ,,, Do you have trouble sleeping? I wake up every nite around 3:30 am  w/ pain and restlessness, do u ever have sleep issues?

• Posted

Smaslow, my question is 'what is it like to sleep?' Lol

i would give anything to have one full nights sleep with no pain. It must be a common thing sad

• Posted

Hi Smaslow, I was first diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in 2012. I started Humira in 2014 with my 20mgs Methotrexate.  I LOVED IT! I noticed a difference after a  dew days and I couldn't believe it.  I was a bit shocked then after a year  to get a phone call  from my pharmacist saying my neutrophyls had  dropped to 1.9 and both had to be stopped. Not a good time as you can imagine. Had a really nasty flare up. When I restarted them I had to drop my methotrexate to 15mgs. I never got the same control again. A lot of thing have happened since then. I'm no long on Humira or Methotrexate but use Benepali and I'm trying to reduce prednisolone but well controlled at the moment. Best of luck. Keep monitoring! Carol 

• Posted

I’m sorry Carol that things were going so great then all had to be stopped. I have seen any results yet but then I just had my first dose of Humira this week.  It’s s hard when we try  to find the right treatment and then only to have something go wrong. I hope things get better for you I will keep you in my 🙏

• Posted

Thanks, Smaslow. I’m doing alright now but I have had ups and downs with the meds. I did feel great on the Humira so it was unfortunate my neutrophils dropped like they did. I suspect that was due to a combination of both the meds and a good job I was well monitored. Hopefully you’ll get the good effect without the side effects x
    • Posted

Carol Carol so sorry to hear about your struggle as everything was going well for a time. Hopefully you will improve 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.