Hunger pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing as I have and am looking for some insight on what's going on with me.

For the last week out of nowhere I constantly have a hunger pain in my stomach. No matter how much I eat it just won't go away. I'm ate a full huge meal and I felt hunger pains. I eat until I feel nauseous from the taste. I drink lots of water and do not eat unhealthy. Please help me to understand what is going on.. I'm desperate.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi i know this may sound strange are you sure they are hunger pains i have had something the same like a pulling pains, i can eat little or eat alot no change, mine was down to stress , the more i got stressed the more my stomach played up, in the end i got ibs, i do not want to worry you i am not a doctor , but the stomach is a strange thing just like the mind, the mind is a powerful tool , go to your doctor an explain but be honest if there is anything on your mind or it just may be hunger pains or something you have eaten that now does not agree with you , over the years your body changes what you could eat once can change over night and can make you ill , please get this checked out , do not worry talk to your doctor they will know what to do , good luck and i hope this helps
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply! My doctor is absolutely horrible and I'm on the path of finding a new one. Currently the only time I can get in to see her is August 27th and I don't think I can live like this for this long. I have had hunger pains before, generally in the morning or afternoon if I don't eat breakfast. These pains feel the exact same. I even get growling stomach so it just sounds and feels like I'm starving. I ate 4 burgers in one sitting to see if it would calm the hunger pains and right after I finished, it felt like I hadn't even eaten. It's driving me crazy. Makes me not even want to eat because when my stomach is empty it doesn't even feel like that.

• Posted

It is  not easy finding a good doctor i should know i live in a village, i dont think i have seen the same doctor twice, so if you do keep them, i beginning to think you have a food intolerance , and it sound like you have an ab normal gene which is not contacting to the brain telling you , you are full, and that is why your stomach feels empty all the time, plus the type of food your eating is doing you no good, 4 hamburgers in one sitting, i take it you do not put on weight , i really think you need to see someone soon , carrying on eating like this is only going to harm your digestive system, do you eat healthy at all, and 3 times a day, and plenty of fluids, and you can have snacks in between , healthy ones, hope you can help soon, take care

• Posted

That was really the first time I had 4 hamburgers in one sitting lol guess I should have mentioned that. I have eaten the same foods for years and never had this feeling. It kinda came out of nowhere. Mornings I usually have an omelette and piece of fruit or yogurt. Lunch I have a sandwich or grilled plain chicken and salad. Dinner I generally have a protein and lots of veggies. I will eat seeds and nuts in between or carrots, celery or a granola bar. I drink at least 8-10 cups of water a day. I also take iron supplements that were prescribed by my doctor. I do yoga every morning and meditation so I know it's not stress. I also work out 3-4 times a week. I guess I'll wait to see my doctor in about 3 weeks and see what she says. Thanks again for the suggestions smile

• Posted

By god with your life style you should be a keep fit instructor you eat healthy , you work out , you sound  like a very all round person, do not get me wrong things can happen like you said i think you just need to see someone who knows what they are talking about once you explain your symptoms i am sure you will get sorted, just stay away from anything that causes you problems, if you can not wait 3 weeks because you are in too much pain and are worried then take yourself to A&E, just to put your mind at ease , hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks Jay! I will be seeking professional care from a doctor at the ER after the long weekend 😝

• Posted

It seems like stomach inflammation or an ulcer. Have you recently taken any meds for anything or do you remember what triggered your pain? Try these different teas and see if any of these help you, give each tea atleast two days to know the result, and avoid drinking both of them on same day:

- Mint Tea (made from dried mint leaves)

- Chamomile Tea

Try antacid liquid like gaviscon to see if it helps, if it does then buy a natural herb called Mastic Gum and start consuming it, many people got positive results from it, do your reasearch. Try some good probiotic aswell. If you are taking any medicine it can cause these symptoms too.

• Posted

I take Apo-Ranitidine which is like a stronger dose of Zantac for acid reflux. I also drink mint tea every single day. I always have because of my stomach issues. This came out of nowhere. I have always ate the same types of food and avoided anything saucy or greasy. Everything that I eat is plain as well. I have tried gaviscon before and it did nothing. I will definitely try the Mastic Gum. I have a feeling it may be an ulcer because sometimes I get a stabbing/burning feeling in the top of my stomach. My doctor sucks and will never send me for proper testing because she thinks that all my symptoms stem from anxietyrolleyes Thanks for the suggestions!

• Posted

If you are already drinking mint tea from a long time then stop drinking it. And do not take any antacid when using Mastic Gum, unless your burning is unbearable.
    • Posted

sorry I meant do not take any PPI medicines when taking Mastic Gum.
  • Posted

Hi Jacqueline that is great  hope you find out what is happening to you soon and when you do let me know, love to know you are ok and be puzzling to know what was causing you pain in the first place , take care jay
    • Posted

Hi Jay. I went to the ER as promised and they stated that nothing was wrong with me... Go figure. I now am barely eating because I don't get the hunger pains when i have an empty stomach. I went to another hospital an hour away and was told the same thing. I have been doing daily meditation and yoga just in case it's stress but nothing works. I've tried completely changing my eating to only vegetables and light snacking on them during the day . I've also started trying protein shakes and smoothies. Nothing helps, so I guess I'm a lost cause .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.