Hungry!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 9 days post op gastric band and im so hungry!

Anyone else felt the same?

Ive still got another 5 days on liquids.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margaret, 

I'm also 9 days and I am just beginning to feel a bit peckish !  

Im totally off tea too, which is v unlike me !  I think it's the milk which tastes horrid ... 

I also struggling with the shakes I bought, just fed up of the tastes and I can't drink a whole one anyway..  

I have found jelly is good !   

But ut like you I'd be happy to hear some good ideas !  

Not too too long I guess until phase 2 !!  

What at is the first purée/ soft thing you are going to eat????? !!!!!

love Rosie x 

• Posted

Oh rosie im dreaming of yoghurt and weetabix! Lol

Ive stayed away from shakes. Everything tastes too sweet.

Ive been having coffee made with all milk, milk with half a banana in tbe blender ( yummo)

Low fat hot choc made with milk, and low fat tomato soup.

Im so concious of calories and scared of putting weight on before my first band fill.

I lost a stone on the preop diet and half a stone since the op. Another 3 1/2 to go........... Xx

• Posted

Hi Margaret

Yes I know what you mean. I'm 6 days post op and also hungry. I also don't like the shakes but have found the banana build-up the most palatable. My dietician has told me I need to stick with liquids for 4 weeks so am also trying the build-up soups - I'm collecting my leek and potato and vegetable ones today - can't wait!! I've then got to have the pureed food for 4 weeks before I move on to the mushy. Let me know how you get on. 

• Posted

Banana build up sounds gross! Lol

Your on liquids for a long time. Who did you have your band done with?

Im having loads of liquids today to try take away the hunger 😣 x

• Posted

Hmmmm !    Weetabix!!!   

I haven't had a fresh banana shake !  I was worried that may be too thick!? 

Soup up again for lunch I guess!!  

Keep at it !!!   

Sounds like you're doing really well :-) 

ive lost a stone and am feeling very pleased about that :-) 

Rosie x 

• Posted

Oh gosh try the fresh shakes. I only use about 1/4 of a banana. Have used raspberries, yuck. But strawbs and blueberries yummy.

Just having heinz tomato soup with Mexian spices. Its to die for lol.

Xx

• Posted

Everyone on the facebook sites has been talking about chia seeds - i found them in Costco but they must be in health stores - not looked in normal supermarkets.  They are tiny little dried black seeds ( bit like a fruit fly with no wings or legs) which i sprinkle on my fat free yoghurt and have with blueberrys for breakfast but I bet they would be good a teaspoon wizzed in your milkshakes to give you a protein boost!  Just a thought and good to know when you get on the mushy stage x 
    • Posted

Oh great tip. Im getting straight online!

What sort of stuff can i have on mushy stage apart from more soup? Lol

• Posted

cottage pie - home made rather than shop bought so you know what youve put in it!  i had pea n ham soup with pulses - any pulse soup is good, fish pie, carroty mash with gravy v soft veg - apple crumble - only a little crumble though (remember our figures) but nice as treat   chilli con carne - ( id did it without the kidney beans)  the quorn mince is ideal to use to make almost anything! xxx

• Posted

oh and scrambled eggs! you can prob have poached - just chop it up first too x 
    • Posted

Ooh lovely. Did you use tinned tomatoes as base for chilli and shepherds pie? Never tried quorn mince. Xxx
    • Posted

I used a carton of passat with herbs garlic n stock cub etc xx quorn mince is full of protein and is slighttly smaller than normal mince - doesnt take long to cook either!  you can prob use a tin of the chopped tomatoes OK too x just think the quorn mince needs more spices added to it but otherwise you dont really taste the difference xx  its also good to use straight from frozen so ideal for a quick meal! 
    • Posted

Roll on saturday then.

I have another 4 weeks untill my first band fill. Dont know how im going to

Cope, im so hungry!!

• Posted

Your nearly there!  I found a video on You tube - [Part 1 of 4] Introduction - The Eight Golden Rules  its by lapbandaustralia i think it is try and look it up gives you some good hints on how we should use the band and what it does - I found it interesting and helpful on how to eat properly x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.