Hungry after having a large meal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI! This all started at 3am. I began to feel hungry-sick. I then went down to the kitchen, ate a banana and had some crackers. I wasn't feeling better but i managed to sleep till 7am. I had dinner at 7:00 pm last night and it was an average size meal so I don't know why i felt hungry at 3am. Is this something that will go away or is it some type of infection/cold? It's christmas tomorrow so I want to enjoy the day. Any resolutions for this?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention that i constantly feel hungry even after a meal.

• Posted

I forgot to mention that i constantly feel hungry even after a meal.

• Posted

Hello, are you on any medications? Why is thus so alarming to you?

• Posted

Hi 2muchpain,

I am not on any medications but i did have 1 sick tablet I forgot the name of. It is alarming because this same thing happened earlier this year when I had parainfluenza.

• Posted

Hmmm, is there any chance that you could have that again? Well, one good thing about Christmas being near is that if you continue to feel hungry, more than likely there will be plenty of food around. So just try to enjoy the good food, get through the holidays and then get on your doctor's schedule. It's going to be ok.

• Posted

Ok. Thank you very much for your response and I hope you have a merry and safe christmas if you haven't had it already.

• Posted

If you had this sensation before when you had flu, maybe you have picked up the same infection again. Give it a week to see if you feel better. If not, see your doctor in the New Year.

• Posted

Ok. Thanks for your reply/suggestion. I will look into this. Planning to see doctor in 4 days if not cured since this is annoying

• Posted

when you had this sensation before was it immediately with your parainfluenza or was when you started antibiotics? I am asking because antibiotics can cause gastritis (I have this) and I always feel hungry after eating with gastritis.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply but the sensation began randomly when I wasn't sick at all so no, the antibiotics did not cause this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.