HURRAY BACK TO CYCLING

Posted , 11 users are following.

Today I got my bike sorted out . Tyres pumped breaks checked. Just a wobbly first few peddles and then I managed a 6 mile ride. As long as I kept my foot arch on the peddle there was no problem with new knee.

23 weeks post TKR

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Soobeedoo, I'm picking my bike up today. I haven't ridden for forty years but I'm determined to ride again so that it will be easier to get around Vietnam when I go for my trip later this year. Thanks for the arch on the pedal tip.

I just hope that I don't break my new knee if I take a fall lol!!!!

• Posted

Hey soobeedoo great light at the end of the tunnel be safešŸ˜
  • Posted

Good on you. I am now 20 weeks post TKR. Getting stronger every day.Ā 

I for one am grateful for my second chance. Who knows what the future holds.Ā 

One day at a time. Knee still uncomfortable at times. Nothing like it was.

hang in there everyone,

Christine NZ

Ā 

• Posted

Way to go! Soon you will be just living your life and not worrying about your knee.
  • Posted

Great news ! Going to try today - 10 weeks post TKR but feel might be able to cycle
  • Posted

Way to go!! That's great ... gives me hope!!! Happy Monday!! šŸ˜‰
  • Posted

I'm one month post op TKR right knee, and able to ride the exercise bike at thereapy for a few miles.Ā  Waiting for hubby to get my bike checked out so IĀ also can go riding, not able to drive yet.Ā  "Foot arch" on the peddle, I'll remember that.Ā 
  • Posted

I have my static exercise bike waiting, only 5 weeks post op and I don't want to try it too early but it definitely helped when I had my left knee done 7 years ago.
  • Posted

I did it!!!!!!! wobbly at first too, but got the hang of it after the first 100 metres, then off like a pro, not really, only did ten minutes because my bum was ouch!!!!! but anyway, my main worry was stopping then dismounting without tumbling over, I think concentration is the key at first.

I found out what you mean about keeping the arch of the foot on the pedal, I moved my foot to a different position twice and that is so painful when you bend the knee too much, it brought back memories of getting into the car in the early days after the op.

• Posted

Well done Jenny. I had a few comedy comments trying to get my leg over . That will take a bit more weight loss exercise and maybe even an other new on the othersideĀ 
  • Posted

Thanks everyone deffinitely a confidence boost. No reprocussions today. Knee liked it's trip out. Try it. I was used to cycling everywhere so I feel I have a bit more freedom.
    • Posted

I managed a few minutes bike ride had the saddle really high though and struggled to get on! Felt great
  • Posted

I haven't ridden since I was a kid and I'm 63 now. It must be true what they say, you never forget how to ride a bike. My balance was my big worry, but I feel the cycling will help a lot in that too. I'm going to get a pedometer and go a bit further each day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.